'The Voice' Announces New Twists in Season 3
"The Voice" will stiffen the competition, both among the coaches and among the contestants, in its upcoming third season. During a news conference in Malibu, California on Sunday, August 12, executive producer Mark Burnett, who was joined by Christina Aguilera, Blake Shelton, Adam Levine and Cee-Lo Green and host Carson Daly, announced some new twists in the next installment of the singing competition.
One of them is that the show will let coaches "steal" the proteges of other coaches during the battle rounds. This way, the contestant who is about to be sent home can get a second chance if another coach sees the potential to polish the aspiring singer better.
The reality series also adds a "knockout round," in which the number of contestants on each coach's team will be cut from 10 to just 5. Accordingly, there will only be 20 talents performing on stage when the show enters its live performance round.
"The Voice" season 3 will premiere Monday, September 10 at 8 P.M. on NBC. Billie Joe Armstrong, Michael Buble, Mary J. Blige and Rob Thomas have been tapped as the advisers for Xtina's, Blake's, Adam's and Cee-Lo's teams respectively.
More The Voice News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris