'The Voice' Announces New Twists in Season 3
"The Voice" will stiffen the competition, both among the coaches and among the contestants, in its upcoming third season. During a news conference in Malibu, California on Sunday, August 12, executive producer Mark Burnett, who was joined by Christina Aguilera, Blake Shelton, Adam Levine and Cee-Lo Green and host Carson Daly, announced some new twists in the next installment of the singing competition.
One of them is that the show will let coaches "steal" the proteges of other coaches during the battle rounds. This way, the contestant who is about to be sent home can get a second chance if another coach sees the potential to polish the aspiring singer better.
The reality series also adds a "knockout round," in which the number of contestants on each coach's team will be cut from 10 to just 5. Accordingly, there will only be 20 talents performing on stage when the show enters its live performance round.
"The Voice" season 3 will premiere Monday, September 10 at 8 P.M. on NBC. Billie Joe Armstrong, Michael Buble, Mary J. Blige and Rob Thomas have been tapped as the advisers for Xtina's, Blake's, Adam's and Cee-Lo's teams respectively.
More The Voice News
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It