'The Voice' Announces New Twists in Season 3
"The Voice" will stiffen the competition, both among the coaches and among the contestants, in its upcoming third season. During a news conference in Malibu, California on Sunday, August 12, executive producer Mark Burnett, who was joined by Christina Aguilera, Blake Shelton, Adam Levine and Cee-Lo Green and host Carson Daly, announced some new twists in the next installment of the singing competition.
One of them is that the show will let coaches "steal" the proteges of other coaches during the battle rounds. This way, the contestant who is about to be sent home can get a second chance if another coach sees the potential to polish the aspiring singer better.
The reality series also adds a "knockout round," in which the number of contestants on each coach's team will be cut from 10 to just 5. Accordingly, there will only be 20 talents performing on stage when the show enters its live performance round.
"The Voice" season 3 will premiere Monday, September 10 at 8 P.M. on NBC. Billie Joe Armstrong, Michael Buble, Mary J. Blige and Rob Thomas have been tapped as the advisers for Xtina's, Blake's, Adam's and Cee-Lo's teams respectively.
More The Voice News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered