Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Wedding Rumors Are False, Rep Says
Rumors that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are getting hitched seem too good to be true. The "Mr and Mrs Smith" couple, however, are not getting married this weekend, a representative for the "World War Z" actor denies the wedding rumors in a statement to Gossip Cop.
The engaged couple sparked such rumor after they were said organizing a big gathering for family and friends in their Chateau Miraval home in south France. Top jeweler Robert Procop, who created Angelina's engagement ring, reportedly was on the guest list, adding fuel to the swirling reports.
Brad and Angelina once did say they wanted to tied the knot in a small private ceremony at the Chateau, the same place where they celebrated their engagement earlier this year. However, the parents of six children repeatedly vowed to never get married until gay marriage was legalized in the States.
Patrick Mareschi, the deputy culture secretary of Correns, said, "Under French law couples have to get married at the town hall. Unlike with a religious wedding, there's no way a couple can hold a civil ceremony at their own home." A Reuters reporter found no signs of any wedding either.
Rumor suggested the party, if there's any, was a 50th wedding anniversary for Brad's parents Jane and Bill.
More Brad Pitt News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group