Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Wedding Rumors Are False, Rep Says
Rumors that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are getting hitched seem too good to be true. The "Mr and Mrs Smith" couple, however, are not getting married this weekend, a representative for the "World War Z" actor denies the wedding rumors in a statement to Gossip Cop.
The engaged couple sparked such rumor after they were said organizing a big gathering for family and friends in their Chateau Miraval home in south France. Top jeweler Robert Procop, who created Angelina's engagement ring, reportedly was on the guest list, adding fuel to the swirling reports.
Brad and Angelina once did say they wanted to tied the knot in a small private ceremony at the Chateau, the same place where they celebrated their engagement earlier this year. However, the parents of six children repeatedly vowed to never get married until gay marriage was legalized in the States.
Patrick Mareschi, the deputy culture secretary of Correns, said, "Under French law couples have to get married at the town hall. Unlike with a religious wedding, there's no way a couple can hold a civil ceremony at their own home." A Reuters reporter found no signs of any wedding either.
Rumor suggested the party, if there's any, was a 50th wedding anniversary for Brad's parents Jane and Bill.
More Brad Pitt News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival