Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Spark Wedding Rumor With Big Party in France
Words run rampant that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are going to get married this weekend. The engaged couple, who are parents to six children, spark such rumor after it is learned that they are organizing a big gathering for family and friends in their Chateau Miraval vacation home in south France.
Brad's mother Jane and father Bill are among the guests who have arrived at the Chateau. Top jeweler Robert Procop, who created Angelina's engagement ring, is in the guest list as well. Brad's best friend George Clooney, who stays in his own home in Italy, is also expected to attend the party.
It's rumored to be Jane and Bill's 50th wedding anniversary, but "there's a real buzz around the estate" that it's a wedding for the "Mr and Mrs Smith" couple. "They say it's for Jane and Bill, but some think this could be it. Even Angelina's private jeweler is here," a source tells The Sun.
Brad and Angelina once did say they wanted to get married in a small private ceremony at the Chateau, the same place where they celebrated their engagement earlier this year. Of the forthcoming weekend bash, the source testifies, "Brad flew in to oversee preparations but they're all here now."
There is no word from both Brad and Angelina, but Reuters says local officials "don't know anything" about the wedding. Patrick Mareschi, deputy culture secretary of the nearby village of Correns, says, "Under French law couples have to get married at the town hall. Unlike with a religious wedding, there's no way a couple can hold a civil ceremony at their own home."
More Brad Pitt News
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce