Randy Travis Released on Bail After Found Naked in a Car Crash
Randy Travis has been released from custody after posting $21,500 bail. The country singer hit a low point on his life when he crashed his car and was found buck naked on Tuesday, August 7 night in Texas.
According to Grayson County Sheriff's Office, officers received a call at 11:18 P.M. from a person who said that a man was lying in the roadway. When cops arrived on the scene, they noticed that a 1998 Pontiac Trans Am belonging to Travis had hit several barricades in a construction zone.
TMZ reported that the singer refused to take breathalyzer and he was taken to the station for "retaliation and obstruction". He threatened a cop during the bust and threatened to "shoot and kill the Troopers working the case" once inside the cop's car.
Travis, who suffered minor cuts and bruises, was given a shirt and paper suit for police to get his mug shot. He was charged with DWI and retaliation, a felony.
Grayson County Sheriff's Sgt. Rickey Wheeler told The AP, "Travis had a strong odor of alcoholic beverage on his breath and several signs of intoxication. While Travis was being transported, Travis made threats to shoot and kill the troopers working the case."
- Justin Bieber Shares His Old Mugshot, Reflects on His Troubled Past
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her