Randy Travis Released on Bail After Found Naked in a Car Crash
Randy Travis has been released from custody after posting $21,500 bail. The country singer hit a low point on his life when he crashed his car and was found buck naked on Tuesday, August 7 night in Texas.
According to Grayson County Sheriff's Office, officers received a call at 11:18 P.M. from a person who said that a man was lying in the roadway. When cops arrived on the scene, they noticed that a 1998 Pontiac Trans Am belonging to Travis had hit several barricades in a construction zone.
TMZ reported that the singer refused to take breathalyzer and he was taken to the station for "retaliation and obstruction". He threatened a cop during the bust and threatened to "shoot and kill the Troopers working the case" once inside the cop's car.
Travis, who suffered minor cuts and bruises, was given a shirt and paper suit for police to get his mug shot. He was charged with DWI and retaliation, a felony.
Grayson County Sheriff's Sgt. Rickey Wheeler told The AP, "Travis had a strong odor of alcoholic beverage on his breath and several signs of intoxication. While Travis was being transported, Travis made threats to shoot and kill the troopers working the case."
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer