Kevin McHale Circling 'The X Factor' Hosting Gig
After coming to "The Glee Project" as a guest mentor, Kevin McHale may land a permanent job on another reality show. Sources tell TV Guide that the 24-year-old actor/singer is under consideration to co-host "The X Factor (US)" season 2.
If the deal is sealed, the gig will reunite McHale with Demi Lovato, who joins the singing competition as a new judge in its second season. The "Glee" star and the former "Sonny with a Chance" actress recently teamed up to co-host the 2012 Teen Choice Awards.
Since Steve Jones was fired at the end of season 1, it has been rumored that the show will feature two new hosts, a female and a male. Khloe Kardashian, Erin Andrews and Kelly Osbourne have been mentioned as possible contenders from the female department.
The U.S. version of "The X Factor" will air its sophomore run starting Wednesday, September 12 at 8/7c on FOX. Lovato and Britney Spears join Simon Cowell and L.A. Reid on the judging panel.
Building anticipation to the show's return, a new promo has just been released online. Unlike the previous promos which put the judges on spotlight, the new one focuses on the contestants, showing them in dramatic moments leading to their auditions.
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Bella Hadid Set to Make Her Victoria's Secret Debut, Gigi Hadid Confirmed to Return
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image