Gillian Anderson Splits From Longtime Beau Mark Griffiths
It's official, Gillian Anderson is a single woman again. The Dana Scully of "The X Files" parts ways with her longtime boyfriend Mark Griffiths whom she has dated since 2006.
A representative for the 43-year-old actress confirms the split. "Gillian Anderson and her partner Mark Griffiths have amicably separated after six years together," the rep tells the press.
Gillian and Mark have two sons Oscar, 5, and Felix, 3. Before seeing him, she was married to director Clyde Kotz whom she divorced in 1997. She was also married to documentarian Julian Ozanne before splitting in 2006. She has a 17-year-old daughter, Piper, with Clyde.
The split came just a few months after Gillian confessed she had numerous romantic relationships with women in the past years. "I decided to talk about it now because someone with whom I was in a relationship a couple of decades ago - a woman - passed away about a year ago," she spilled to Out magazine.
"I was talking about her and, in the context of the gentle conversation we were having, I thought I would say that I have had a couple of relationships with women, but that wasn't my experience because I did have a choice. I always knew I still liked boys."
More Gillian Anderson News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed