Gillian Anderson Splits From Longtime Beau Mark Griffiths
It's official, Gillian Anderson is a single woman again. The Dana Scully of "The X Files" parts ways with her longtime boyfriend Mark Griffiths whom she has dated since 2006.
A representative for the 43-year-old actress confirms the split. "Gillian Anderson and her partner Mark Griffiths have amicably separated after six years together," the rep tells the press.
Gillian and Mark have two sons Oscar, 5, and Felix, 3. Before seeing him, she was married to director Clyde Kotz whom she divorced in 1997. She was also married to documentarian Julian Ozanne before splitting in 2006. She has a 17-year-old daughter, Piper, with Clyde.
The split came just a few months after Gillian confessed she had numerous romantic relationships with women in the past years. "I decided to talk about it now because someone with whom I was in a relationship a couple of decades ago - a woman - passed away about a year ago," she spilled to Out magazine.
"I was talking about her and, in the context of the gentle conversation we were having, I thought I would say that I have had a couple of relationships with women, but that wasn't my experience because I did have a choice. I always knew I still liked boys."
More Gillian Anderson News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding