Gillian Anderson Splits From Longtime Beau Mark Griffiths
It's official, Gillian Anderson is a single woman again. The Dana Scully of "The X Files" parts ways with her longtime boyfriend Mark Griffiths whom she has dated since 2006.
A representative for the 43-year-old actress confirms the split. "Gillian Anderson and her partner Mark Griffiths have amicably separated after six years together," the rep tells the press.
Gillian and Mark have two sons Oscar, 5, and Felix, 3. Before seeing him, she was married to director Clyde Kotz whom she divorced in 1997. She was also married to documentarian Julian Ozanne before splitting in 2006. She has a 17-year-old daughter, Piper, with Clyde.
The split came just a few months after Gillian confessed she had numerous romantic relationships with women in the past years. "I decided to talk about it now because someone with whom I was in a relationship a couple of decades ago - a woman - passed away about a year ago," she spilled to Out magazine.
"I was talking about her and, in the context of the gentle conversation we were having, I thought I would say that I have had a couple of relationships with women, but that wasn't my experience because I did have a choice. I always knew I still liked boys."
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle