Gillian Anderson Opens Up About Her Past Lesbian Relationships
Gillian Anderson has made a shocking confession about her past relationships. The 43-year-old, who is famous for her portrayal of Special Agent Dana Scully on "The X-Files", admitted in an interview for the April issue of Out magazine that she has had numerous romantic relationships with women.
"I was in a relationship with a girl for a long time when I was in high school," revealed the actress, who will next be seen as Miss Havisham on BBC's "Great Expectations". She went on to dish that she had a relationship with "a punk rock drug addict" as well as with "somebody who was way, way older than me."
On why she decided to talk about her lesbian romance, the mother of three explained, "You know, I'm old enough that I can talk about that." She added, "If I had thought I was 100% gay, would it have been a different experience for me? Would it have been a bigger deal if shame had been attached to it and all those things that become huge life-altering issues for youngsters in that situation?"
Anderson, who has been married and divorced twice, continued on explaining why she downplayed her past experiences with women. "It's possible that my attitude around it came, on some level, from knowing that I still liked boys," the actress who reprised her role as Scully in "The X-Files: I Want to Believe" said.
Anderson was married to first husband, Clyde Klotz in 1994. They divorced in 1997 around three years after welcoming their daughter Piper Maru. She got married for a second time to documentary filmmaker Anderson in 2004. The marriage ended in 2006. She is currently in a relationship with Mark Griffiths, with whom she has two sons, Oscar and Felix.
More Gillian Anderson News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed