First Official Pic of Daniel Day-Lewis as 'Lincoln' Released
Daniel Day-Lewis' version of Abraham Lincoln in historical drama "Lincoln" has been teased in the first official picture. The Oscar winner has an uncanny resemblance to the graying and bearded 16th president of the United States.
Lewis' look as the Lincoln has actually been revealed earlier this year through some on-set photos captured by paparazzi. To EW, director Steven Spielberg said of the great leader, "Lincoln had a very, very complicated - and at the same time, extremely clear - inner life. He thought things out. He talked things out. He argued both sides of every issue. And he was very careful in making any decision. As a matter of fact, his opponents and his enemies criticized him often for being impossibly slow to a decision."
The film will focus on the political collision of Lincoln and the powerful men of his cabinet on the road to abolition and the end of the Civil War. "Our movie is really about a working leader who must make tough decisions and get things done in the face of overwhelming opposition," Spielberg said.
Disney will release the pic to limited U.S. theaters on November 9 after the presidential election.
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace's Murder Trial Begins, His Chilling Line Before the Shooting Is Revealed
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Civil War' and 'Batman v Superman' Dominate Movie Nomination
- 'The Voice' Crowns the Winner, Cee-Lo Green Returns in Star-Studded Finale
- Check Out Christina Aguilera's Powerful Duet With Ariana Grande on 'The Voice'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Who Wins the Mirror Ball Trophy?
- Niall Horan Blasts 'Abusive' Fans Who Keep Him 'Awake at Night'
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory