First Official Pic of Daniel Day-Lewis as 'Lincoln' Released
Daniel Day-Lewis' version of Abraham Lincoln in historical drama "Lincoln" has been teased in the first official picture. The Oscar winner has an uncanny resemblance to the graying and bearded 16th president of the United States.
Lewis' look as the Lincoln has actually been revealed earlier this year through some on-set photos captured by paparazzi. To EW, director Steven Spielberg said of the great leader, "Lincoln had a very, very complicated - and at the same time, extremely clear - inner life. He thought things out. He talked things out. He argued both sides of every issue. And he was very careful in making any decision. As a matter of fact, his opponents and his enemies criticized him often for being impossibly slow to a decision."
The film will focus on the political collision of Lincoln and the powerful men of his cabinet on the road to abolition and the end of the Civil War. "Our movie is really about a working leader who must make tough decisions and get things done in the face of overwhelming opposition," Spielberg said.
Disney will release the pic to limited U.S. theaters on November 9 after the presidential election.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce