First Official Pic of Daniel Day-Lewis as 'Lincoln' Released
Daniel Day-Lewis' version of Abraham Lincoln in historical drama "Lincoln" has been teased in the first official picture. The Oscar winner has an uncanny resemblance to the graying and bearded 16th president of the United States.
Lewis' look as the Lincoln has actually been revealed earlier this year through some on-set photos captured by paparazzi. To EW, director Steven Spielberg said of the great leader, "Lincoln had a very, very complicated - and at the same time, extremely clear - inner life. He thought things out. He talked things out. He argued both sides of every issue. And he was very careful in making any decision. As a matter of fact, his opponents and his enemies criticized him often for being impossibly slow to a decision."
The film will focus on the political collision of Lincoln and the powerful men of his cabinet on the road to abolition and the end of the Civil War. "Our movie is really about a working leader who must make tough decisions and get things done in the face of overwhelming opposition," Spielberg said.
Disney will release the pic to limited U.S. theaters on November 9 after the presidential election.
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Mixed-Up Teams and Nude Photo Shoot
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Backstreet Boys' Performance, a 'Nickathlon' and a Zero Gravity Date
- See Margot Robbie's Drastic Transformation to Portray Tonya Harding
- Green Day Roasts Donald Trump in 'Troubled Times' Lyric Video
- New Couple Alert! Suki Waterhouse and 'Rogue One' Star Diego Luna Caught Getting Handsy in Mexico
- Kourtney Kardashian Is Still 'Serious' About Scott Disick Despite Reunion With Justin Bieber
- Mariah Carey and Elton John Rake in Millions of Dollars From Russian Billionaire Heiress' Wedding
- Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers Welcome Baby No. 2