First Official Pic of Daniel Day-Lewis as 'Lincoln' Released
Daniel Day-Lewis' version of Abraham Lincoln in historical drama "Lincoln" has been teased in the first official picture. The Oscar winner has an uncanny resemblance to the graying and bearded 16th president of the United States.
Lewis' look as the Lincoln has actually been revealed earlier this year through some on-set photos captured by paparazzi. To EW, director Steven Spielberg said of the great leader, "Lincoln had a very, very complicated - and at the same time, extremely clear - inner life. He thought things out. He talked things out. He argued both sides of every issue. And he was very careful in making any decision. As a matter of fact, his opponents and his enemies criticized him often for being impossibly slow to a decision."
The film will focus on the political collision of Lincoln and the powerful men of his cabinet on the road to abolition and the end of the Civil War. "Our movie is really about a working leader who must make tough decisions and get things done in the face of overwhelming opposition," Spielberg said.
Disney will release the pic to limited U.S. theaters on November 9 after the presidential election.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked