Video: Beyonce Sends Message for UN's World Humanitarian Day
Beyonce Knowles follows up her announcement to help the United Nations celebrate its World Humanitarian Day by releasing a video message. "On August 19th 2012, it's high time we rise together," so she opens the clip.
"Do one thing for another human being. Nothing is too small. It begins with each of us. Make your mark and say, 'I WAS HERE'," the singer wife of Jay-Z continues. "And together, we'll make our stories known."
While she encourages people to join the cause, a lot of inspirational footage featuring people from around the world is flashed on screen. It shows the beauty in sharing and helping those in need. Her song "I Was Here" is played as backsound.
Queen Bey dedicates "I Was Here" that contains inspirational lyrics written by Diane Warren to the campaign. She and Diane will donate its music video to be filmed in the UN General Assembly Hall in New York in front of a live audience.
The campaign aims at reaching 1 billion people to spread love message and "create an unprecedented awareness of the plight of people affected by crises around the world." She says, "This is our time to leave our mark on the world and show that we were here and we care."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'