Lady GaGa Sparks Speculations on New Album Title With Her Latest Tattoo
Has the title of Lady GaGa's new album been revealed? On Friday, August 3, the Mother Monster sparked speculations about what her next studio effort would be called as she unveiled her new tattoo on her social networking site Littlemonsters.com.
GaGa shared a photo that showed her new body art which was inked on her right forearm. She was featured flashing the word "ARTPOP" which was neatly etched in black ink. Along with the picture, the eccentric songstress posted a cryptic note that read, "New ink new album."
The "Judas" singer has previously hinted that she would unveil the name of the follow-up to "Born This Way" real soon. By posting the photo of her new tattoo, the New York native quickly sparked speculations that "ARTPOP" was indeed the title of her next record.
Adding fuel to the speculations, GaGa posted another image which features words that read, "We Could/ We Could belong together/ ARTPOP." This was not the first time the 26-year-old singer generated speculations about her album title by revealing a new tattoo. Back in 2011, she got a unicorn "Born This Way" tattoo inked on her body a few months before releasing the album of the same name.
Speaking about the meaning of "ARTPOP", it was rumored that the word could be a tribute to GaGa's favorite artist Andy Warhol. She once said of the man who inspired her music, "Warhol said art should be meaningful in the most shallow way. He was able to make commercial art that was taken seriously as fine art... [and] that's what I'm doing, too."
More Lady GaGa News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance