Lady GaGa Sparks Speculations on New Album Title With Her Latest Tattoo
Has the title of Lady GaGa's new album been revealed? On Friday, August 3, the Mother Monster sparked speculations about what her next studio effort would be called as she unveiled her new tattoo on her social networking site Littlemonsters.com.
GaGa shared a photo that showed her new body art which was inked on her right forearm. She was featured flashing the word "ARTPOP" which was neatly etched in black ink. Along with the picture, the eccentric songstress posted a cryptic note that read, "New ink new album."
The "Judas" singer has previously hinted that she would unveil the name of the follow-up to "Born This Way" real soon. By posting the photo of her new tattoo, the New York native quickly sparked speculations that "ARTPOP" was indeed the title of her next record.
Adding fuel to the speculations, GaGa posted another image which features words that read, "We Could/ We Could belong together/ ARTPOP." This was not the first time the 26-year-old singer generated speculations about her album title by revealing a new tattoo. Back in 2011, she got a unicorn "Born This Way" tattoo inked on her body a few months before releasing the album of the same name.
Speaking about the meaning of "ARTPOP", it was rumored that the word could be a tribute to GaGa's favorite artist Andy Warhol. She once said of the man who inspired her music, "Warhol said art should be meaningful in the most shallow way. He was able to make commercial art that was taken seriously as fine art... [and] that's what I'm doing, too."
More Lady GaGa News
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?
- Daniel Radcliffe Plays Corpse on Red Carpet of 'Swiss Army Man' Premiere
- Matthew McConaughey Could Be Your Teacher. Actor Is Going to Teach at University of Texas
- Drake 'Never Stops' Loving Rihanna
- 'Underworld: Blood Wars' Release Date Is Pushed Back to 2017
- Amber Rose on Kanye West's 'Famous': 'I've Worked My F***ing Ass Off'
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby