Lady GaGa Sparks Speculations on New Album Title With Her Latest Tattoo
Has the title of Lady GaGa's new album been revealed? On Friday, August 3, the Mother Monster sparked speculations about what her next studio effort would be called as she unveiled her new tattoo on her social networking site Littlemonsters.com.
GaGa shared a photo that showed her new body art which was inked on her right forearm. She was featured flashing the word "ARTPOP" which was neatly etched in black ink. Along with the picture, the eccentric songstress posted a cryptic note that read, "New ink new album."
The "Judas" singer has previously hinted that she would unveil the name of the follow-up to "Born This Way" real soon. By posting the photo of her new tattoo, the New York native quickly sparked speculations that "ARTPOP" was indeed the title of her next record.
Adding fuel to the speculations, GaGa posted another image which features words that read, "We Could/ We Could belong together/ ARTPOP." This was not the first time the 26-year-old singer generated speculations about her album title by revealing a new tattoo. Back in 2011, she got a unicorn "Born This Way" tattoo inked on her body a few months before releasing the album of the same name.
Speaking about the meaning of "ARTPOP", it was rumored that the word could be a tribute to GaGa's favorite artist Andy Warhol. She once said of the man who inspired her music, "Warhol said art should be meaningful in the most shallow way. He was able to make commercial art that was taken seriously as fine art... [and] that's what I'm doing, too."
More Lady GaGa News
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says
- Joe Biden to Guest Star on 'Law and Order: SVU'. Get the First Look
- Listen to Pink and Kenny Chesney's New Song 'Setting the World on Fire'
- Lindsay Lohan Isn't Pregnant, Close Friend Hofit Golan Confirms
- Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher Already Planning for Third Baby
- Marvel Confirms 'Avengers: Infinity War' Is One Movie, 'Avengers 4' Is Now Untitled
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Single 'Kiss the Sky' Off His 'Platinum Hits' Album