Lady GaGa Sparks Speculations on New Album Title With Her Latest Tattoo
Has the title of Lady GaGa's new album been revealed? On Friday, August 3, the Mother Monster sparked speculations about what her next studio effort would be called as she unveiled her new tattoo on her social networking site Littlemonsters.com.
GaGa shared a photo that showed her new body art which was inked on her right forearm. She was featured flashing the word "ARTPOP" which was neatly etched in black ink. Along with the picture, the eccentric songstress posted a cryptic note that read, "New ink new album."
The "Judas" singer has previously hinted that she would unveil the name of the follow-up to "Born This Way" real soon. By posting the photo of her new tattoo, the New York native quickly sparked speculations that "ARTPOP" was indeed the title of her next record.
Adding fuel to the speculations, GaGa posted another image which features words that read, "We Could/ We Could belong together/ ARTPOP." This was not the first time the 26-year-old singer generated speculations about her album title by revealing a new tattoo. Back in 2011, she got a unicorn "Born This Way" tattoo inked on her body a few months before releasing the album of the same name.
Speaking about the meaning of "ARTPOP", it was rumored that the word could be a tribute to GaGa's favorite artist Andy Warhol. She once said of the man who inspired her music, "Warhol said art should be meaningful in the most shallow way. He was able to make commercial art that was taken seriously as fine art... [and] that's what I'm doing, too."
More Lady GaGa News
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic