Video: Chris Martin Flubs Lyrics at Coldplay's Boston Gig, Blames the Olympics
Chris Martin might be struck with the Olympics fever. During a recent Coldplay concert at TD Garden, Boston, the vocalist flubbed the lyrics to the band's hit song "Warning Sign" and he quickly put the blame on the summer games for distracting his concentration.
"Oh f***," the frontman said after failing to remember one of the lines in the "A Rush of Blood to the Head" song. He went on, "I was thinking about the Olympics. I was distracted. I was not in the breakup frame of mind I needed to be in."
The husband of Gwyneth Paltrow went on joking, "I'm gonna get back into it; I'm gonna stop thinking about pole vaulting and things like that." He added, "It's a big deal. You can't blame a guy for thinking about it every once in a while... but the best concert in the world is happening right here, right now."
Martin then exclaimed, "F*** the Olympics. Let's have a f***ing great time in Boston," to which the crowd replied with screams of excitement. "Please don't tweet that I said 'F*** the Olympics.' I'll never hear the end of it," the singer joked before continuing his song at the Sunday night, July 29 gig.
Chris Martin along with his Coldplay bandmates are currently in the North American leg of their tour to promote their new album "Mylo Xyloto". After throwing the Boston show, the British band will stop by some other cities in the U.S. including Auburn Hills, East Rutherford, Chicago and Saint Paul before continuing their tour in Europe.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'