'Dexter' Boss Confirms the Serial Killer Considers Killing His Loved One to Solve Problem
A recently-released promo for "Dexter" season 7 includes a scene which suggests that the titular character might kill his own sister Debra. Speaking to reporters at the Television Critics Association's summer press tour on Monday, July 30, showrunner Scott Buck confirmed that it's one of the ideas that cross Dexter's mind as a solution to his problem.
"Dexter is a serial killer. The thought has to at least have crossed his mind at some point that that would be an easy solution to this problem," executive producer Scott Buck said of the possible bold move. "We don't shy away from the reality that there's no easy way to deal with this situation."
Executive producer Sara Colleton chimed in on how the shocking discovery would affect Deb, "We acknowledge that a dark and dangerous and treacherous path has opened up for Deb and we're going to see her walk that."
In the next chapter of the crime series, Dexter has to deal with his sister Deb who caught him killing Travis in the season 6 finale. According to lead actor Michael C. Hall, the finding brings a game changer in the story.
"Without a doubt, it's the most fundamentally game-changing development that we've had," the titular character depicter said. "One of the things we've always been able to count on is that Dexter's secret is his own, and it's not anymore."
"[Deb] finding out does make an endgame feel a little more palpable and imminent," he added how the story arc would be a proper way to begin the end of the show. "The plan is to do this season and a final eighth season. To really tell this story of the two of them negotiating their relationship in this new landscape requires that much time."
Agreeing with Hall, Buck who also serves as executive producer for the show added, "We knew we would always eventually tell the story, but because it so dramatically changes the nature of the story, we didn't want to consider it until we were closing in."
During the panel, Hall and Jennifer Carpenter also responded to criticism that season 6 was the worst of the show. Carpenter said, "If you had asked that question before we shot a single frame this season, it might have hurt my feelings... I'm really excited about showing you what we've done."
"Whatever your opinion about the ranking the seasons, Dexter is never more compelling than when he is in trouble," Hall added, claiming that the upcoming season would top the previous installment. "And he's never been in deeper trouble than he is now."
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie