'Arrow' Casts Deadshot and China White
"Arrow" has found the actors who will play the enemies of its titular hero. The action series, which will debut October 10 on The CW, has added Michael Rowe and Kelly Hu to its cast ensemble to portray Deadshot and China White respectively.
Deadshot is a major figure in the Suicide Squad and is best known for battling Batman in the DC comic. Of casting the relatively unknown Canadian hunk Rowe in the role, executive producer Marc Guggenheim says to TV Guide, "Deadshot doesn't speak much, so he has to have that physicality. And Michael certainly has that. He has that look."
The supervillain will be featured in the third episode titled "The Lone Gunman", but co-executive producers Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg believe the character could appear in more episodes. "I think that's very possible," Berlanti comments on a possible second encounter between Arrow and Deadshot.
China White, meanwhile, is the leader of a drug cartel in South Pacific whom Oliver Queen a.k.a. Arrow encountered when he's stranded on the remote island. It has not been announced when "The Vampire Diaries" alumna Hu will make her first appearance as China White.
Taking the titular role on "Arrow" is Stephen Amell. Guggenheim recently explained at the TCA why they decided not to cast Justin Hartley, who portrayed the character on "Smallville", for the new series. "We certainly wanted to chart our own course and destiny," he reasoned.
Although the show has not premiered yet, Kreisberg knows one thing that will be seen in the series finale. "The last episode of the series will be [Arrow] seeing the [rescue] boat in the pilot," he said, adding that every episode will feature flashbacks to the time Queen was stranded on the island.
More Arrow News
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role