CBS in Early Conversations About 'How I Met Your Mother' Season 9
CBS is working on extending "How I Met Your Mother" run beyond its upcoming season 8. President of CBS Entertainment Nina Tassler has stated that the network wants a ninth season of the sitcom and has begun negotiations on it.
"They had an incredible year last year and we have a great relationship with Craig [Thomas] and Carter [Bays]. They have a strategic wrap-up to the show. They know we want the show to come back next year," she said. "We're not there yet in terms of [renewing HIMYM]. We're having conversations right now about extending it. We're in early conversations and we're pretty optimistic."
Speaking to TVLine, co-creator Craig Thomas even expressed his optimism that the show could get a tenth season. "It's not impossible it could go beyond Season 9," he said, when asked if the possible ninth season would be the last. As for how negotiations for the possible ninth season impact season 8, he admitted that the talks could change his trajectory.
Still, he added, "But right now, the thing that we know to be true is we have this year and no deal for next year. So we have to proceed as though this could be the last year of HIMYM. Hopefully we will know soon. Basically, we couldn't possibly know soon enough. But we'd be thrilled to tell either story - either wrap it up this year or to tell another chapter of this story. We don't know yet which way it's going to go."
Speaking about the forthcoming chapter, Thomas said there would be story arcs which allow Marshall and Lily to still gather around Ted, Robin and Barney although they have entered parenthood. "We're going to tell a story figuring out, 'Who's our babysitter? Who's our nanny? Who's going to help us with this?" he spilled.
"There's a cool and meaningful answer to that question that we'll see Marshall and Lily arrive at in the first few episodes," Thomas continued teasing. "It will free them up to have at least the occasional beer with the gang. And the gang will consider [the baby] the sixth member of this group. It's going to be very sweet."
"HIMYM" season 8 will premiere Monday, September 24 at 8 P.M. on CBS. Ashley Williams will return for a multi-episode arc as Ted's love interest Victoria, and Michael Trucco will reprise his role as the man who catches Robin's eyes known only as "Crush".
- Kim Kardashian Planning to Use Her Toned-Down Image to Make Herself Richer
- Taran Killam Is the New King George of 'Hamilton' in New Instagram Photo
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Welcome Baby Boy - Find Out His Name
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game