Emily and Jef Discuss Long Pause After 'Bachelorette' Proposal
Those who watched "The Bachelorette" finale might notice there was a long pause after Jef Holm proposed to Emily Maynard. What the single mother was thinking and how the entrepreneur felt during the prolonged silence were revealed by the newly-engaged couple when they visited "Good Morning America" recently.
"I've taken a lot of heat for it," Emily told Lara Spencer. "Well, I mean it was kind of a surprise because we'd never really talked about an engagement, even though I should have known. But really, I just wanted to soak in the moment and like really make a decision from my heart and just take in the moment and remember it."
Jef, meanwhile, confessed he's really nervous during the moment. "Those were the longest few moments of my life, I feel like I was down there forever," he stated before adding that he understood that he took her by surprise, "But it was a big decision and I hadn't told anyone that I was going to propose, including her - so it was a shock to her totally."
Although many proposals on the dating show doomed, Emily was confident she and Jef would not end up the same. "I think that our [relationship] is going to work because we really have become immediate best friends," she explained. "I feel so comfortable around him and it's different than any relationship I've ever been in, so hopefully the outcome will be different too."
Before taking the relationship to the next level, Jef will move from Utah to Charlotte where Emily and her daughter live. "I'm going to hang out with Ricki all the time and become a carpool dad," he said. "We're just going to live our lives together and get accustomed to each other and plan a wedding and then when we get married, move in together and figure out where we want to be as a family."
Emily chose Jef over Arie Luyendyk, Jr. in the finale. Although the car race driver was still heartbroken when he was last seen on "After the Final Rose" episode, he was "very happy for Jef and Em." "Amazing experience and no regrets," he tweeted. "I believe there is someone special out there for me. #heartisfilledwithhope."
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab