JoJo Inspired by 'Fifty Shades of Grey' for Upcoming Album
JoJo's fans might be in for a shock when the 20-year-old singer's album finally drops later this year. In an interview with MTV News, she revealed that she has taken inspiration from best-selling novel "Fifty Shades of Grey".
The R&B singer said that she started reading the E. L. James-written book after finishing "Demonstrate". The single has been released as a preview of the sexy new sound that she's working on for her upcoming record, "Jumping Trains".
"I will say reading Fifty Shades of Grey kind of inspires me, it inspired my work. It's some freaky sh*t! I love it! There might be something on this album inspired by Fifty Shades," she said about how the book influenced her.
Giving her two cents on what she thinks about "Fifty Shades", the young star said, "I think it's a really cool thing for women. It's making people realize that a lot of people's minds are in the gutter, I guess, and it's just bringing sexuality to the forefront. I'm cool with it. I think it's great."
She also talked about the progress of the highly-anticipated record, and said that it's "taking new shape" and "halfway" done. As for a possible release date, she said, "It really doesn't matter to me. I just want it to be right, we want to the set up to be right. So I'm not sure if it's the end of the year or early next year."
"Fifty Shades of Grey" is the first book in a trilogy about a literature student named Anastasia Steele who embarks on a submissive/dominant relationship with Christian Grey, a young entrepreneur.
More JoJo News
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance Lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle