'Duets' Crowns J Rome as Winner of First Season
J Rome has come out as the champion of "Duets" inaugural season. Having been a frontrunner and shown steady performances since early on the show, he edged out John Glosson and Jason Farol in the finale which aired Thursday, July 19.
Glosson finished in the second place which should come as a surprise to no one, while Farol landed on the third place after starting the competition in the bottom place. Both Rome and Glosson were mentored by Jennifer Nettles, while Farol was Kelly Clarkson's protege.
Before the audience votes were announced, each of the three finalists took the stage to have a duet with their respective mentor. Glosson and Nettles belted out "For Good", before the Sugarland lead vocalist teamed up with Rome for a rendition of "Ryhthm of the Night". Farol and Clarkson, meanwhile, sang "Heartbreak Hotel".
The other mentors, John Legend and Robin Thicke, additionally brought back their last eliminated partners for another duet that night. The former reunited with Bridget Carrington to sing "Give Me Shelter", while the latter was joined by Olivia Chisholm for a rendition of "Fever".
Rome wrapped up the show with a performance of "Signed, Sealed & Delivered", which he sang a week before, but this time he did it solo. He was showered with confetti as the other contestants and the celebrity mentors gave him hugs.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!