'Duets' Crowns J Rome as Winner of First Season
J Rome has come out as the champion of "Duets" inaugural season. Having been a frontrunner and shown steady performances since early on the show, he edged out John Glosson and Jason Farol in the finale which aired Thursday, July 19.
Glosson finished in the second place which should come as a surprise to no one, while Farol landed on the third place after starting the competition in the bottom place. Both Rome and Glosson were mentored by Jennifer Nettles, while Farol was Kelly Clarkson's protege.
Before the audience votes were announced, each of the three finalists took the stage to have a duet with their respective mentor. Glosson and Nettles belted out "For Good", before the Sugarland lead vocalist teamed up with Rome for a rendition of "Ryhthm of the Night". Farol and Clarkson, meanwhile, sang "Heartbreak Hotel".
The other mentors, John Legend and Robin Thicke, additionally brought back their last eliminated partners for another duet that night. The former reunited with Bridget Carrington to sing "Give Me Shelter", while the latter was joined by Olivia Chisholm for a rendition of "Fever".
Rome wrapped up the show with a performance of "Signed, Sealed & Delivered", which he sang a week before, but this time he did it solo. He was showered with confetti as the other contestants and the celebrity mentors gave him hugs.
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film