Dwayne Johnson Confirms He's In Talks to Star in DC Film 'Lobo'
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson could land a juicy role in a comic book movie. The Roadblock of "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" has confirmed that he's officially in talks to star as the titular character in DC Comics' upcoming flick, "Lobo".
"Rumors of me possibly playing LOBO are true. Joel Silver and Brad Peyton working on it now. That could be fun.. #RockTalk," so he tweeted, responding to a fan's quiz whether his casting rumors in "Lobo" were true.
For those who are unfamiliar with Lobo, the character is described as an alien bounty hunter in the DC universe. He's an indestructible, blue-skinned, 7-foot tall and heavily muscled antihero who drives a pimped-out motorbike and lands on Earth in search of four fugitives bent on wreaking havoc. Lobo works together with a small-town teenage girl to stop the creatures.
The live-action movie has been in development for years with Peyton tapped as the helmer in addition to penning the script. Before Payton signed on to the project, Madonna's former husband Guy Ritchie was once reported to be tapped for the helming duty.
As for The Rock, the "Fast Five" star is expected to reprise his role as Luke Hobbs in "Fast and Furious 6", which is due to open in the U.S. on May 24, 2013. He will also be seen starring opposite Mark Wahlberg in Michael Bay's passion project, "Pain and Gain".
- Gisele Bundchen Gets Shirtless Assistant Taking Care of Her Booty During Photo Shoot
- Beyonce Remembers Aaliyah 15 Years Later With Sweet Throwback Video
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Kills Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'