Dwayne Johnson Confirms He's In Talks to Star in DC Film 'Lobo'
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson could land a juicy role in a comic book movie. The Roadblock of "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" has confirmed that he's officially in talks to star as the titular character in DC Comics' upcoming flick, "Lobo".
"Rumors of me possibly playing LOBO are true. Joel Silver and Brad Peyton working on it now. That could be fun.. #RockTalk," so he tweeted, responding to a fan's quiz whether his casting rumors in "Lobo" were true.
For those who are unfamiliar with Lobo, the character is described as an alien bounty hunter in the DC universe. He's an indestructible, blue-skinned, 7-foot tall and heavily muscled antihero who drives a pimped-out motorbike and lands on Earth in search of four fugitives bent on wreaking havoc. Lobo works together with a small-town teenage girl to stop the creatures.
The live-action movie has been in development for years with Peyton tapped as the helmer in addition to penning the script. Before Payton signed on to the project, Madonna's former husband Guy Ritchie was once reported to be tapped for the helming duty.
As for The Rock, the "Fast Five" star is expected to reprise his role as Luke Hobbs in "Fast and Furious 6", which is due to open in the U.S. on May 24, 2013. He will also be seen starring opposite Mark Wahlberg in Michael Bay's passion project, "Pain and Gain".
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert
- Kim Kardashian Caught Wearing Butt Pads at Khloe's Birthday Party
- Check Out Peter Parker in Spidey Suit on 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set
- Wendy Williams Skeptical of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's Romance, Calling Him 'an Opportunist'
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6