Dwayne Johnson Confirms He's In Talks to Star in DC Film 'Lobo'
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson could land a juicy role in a comic book movie. The Roadblock of "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" has confirmed that he's officially in talks to star as the titular character in DC Comics' upcoming flick, "Lobo".
"Rumors of me possibly playing LOBO are true. Joel Silver and Brad Peyton working on it now. That could be fun.. #RockTalk," so he tweeted, responding to a fan's quiz whether his casting rumors in "Lobo" were true.
For those who are unfamiliar with Lobo, the character is described as an alien bounty hunter in the DC universe. He's an indestructible, blue-skinned, 7-foot tall and heavily muscled antihero who drives a pimped-out motorbike and lands on Earth in search of four fugitives bent on wreaking havoc. Lobo works together with a small-town teenage girl to stop the creatures.
The live-action movie has been in development for years with Peyton tapped as the helmer in addition to penning the script. Before Payton signed on to the project, Madonna's former husband Guy Ritchie was once reported to be tapped for the helming duty.
As for The Rock, the "Fast Five" star is expected to reprise his role as Luke Hobbs in "Fast and Furious 6", which is due to open in the U.S. on May 24, 2013. He will also be seen starring opposite Mark Wahlberg in Michael Bay's passion project, "Pain and Gain".
- Watch Juicy J and Kanye West in 'Ballin' Video
- Tina Fey Suggested Alec Baldwin to Play Donald Trump on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Watch Ben Affleck and Matt Damon Hilariously Argue Over Who's Closer to Tom Brady
- Daisy Ridley, Judi Dench and More A-Listers Join Johnny Depp in 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Confirmed! Lady GaGa Is Headlining 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young