Comic-Con 2012: First Promo for 'Da Vinci's Demons' Says History Is a Lie
At the San Diego Comic-Con, Starz debuted the first teaser for its upcoming series "Da Vinci's Demons". It has no footage from the show, but features cryptic message which hints at the major plotline. "History is a lie that has been honed like a weapon by people who have suppressed the truth," a voiceover says. "Centuries from now your own history will also be suppressed."
Coming from David S. Goyer who co-wrote two upcoming superhero films "The Dark Knight Rises" and "Man of Steel", the new TV show revolves around Leonardo da Vinci who is tortured by a gift of superhuman genius. He finds himself in a conflict between truth and lies, religion and reason, past and future. Living in a world where thought and faith are controlled, he fights to set knowledge free.
British actor Tom Riley is set to take the lead role with Laura Haddock playing Lucrezia Donati, the mistress of Lorenzo Medici and lover of da Vinci. Lara Pulver and Allan Corduner are additionally cast as Medici's wife Clarice Orsini and da Vinci's mentor Verrochio respectively.
Julie Gardner and Jane Tranter join Goyes to executive produce the fantasy drama series, which is scheduled to premiere sometime in spring 2013.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris