Comic-Con 2012: First Promo for 'Da Vinci's Demons' Says History Is a Lie
At the San Diego Comic-Con, Starz debuted the first teaser for its upcoming series "Da Vinci's Demons". It has no footage from the show, but features cryptic message which hints at the major plotline. "History is a lie that has been honed like a weapon by people who have suppressed the truth," a voiceover says. "Centuries from now your own history will also be suppressed."
Coming from David S. Goyer who co-wrote two upcoming superhero films "The Dark Knight Rises" and "Man of Steel", the new TV show revolves around Leonardo da Vinci who is tortured by a gift of superhuman genius. He finds himself in a conflict between truth and lies, religion and reason, past and future. Living in a world where thought and faith are controlled, he fights to set knowledge free.
British actor Tom Riley is set to take the lead role with Laura Haddock playing Lucrezia Donati, the mistress of Lorenzo Medici and lover of da Vinci. Lara Pulver and Allan Corduner are additionally cast as Medici's wife Clarice Orsini and da Vinci's mentor Verrochio respectively.
Julie Gardner and Jane Tranter join Goyes to executive produce the fantasy drama series, which is scheduled to premiere sometime in spring 2013.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture