Comic-Con 2012: First Promo for 'Da Vinci's Demons' Says History Is a Lie
At the San Diego Comic-Con, Starz debuted the first teaser for its upcoming series "Da Vinci's Demons". It has no footage from the show, but features cryptic message which hints at the major plotline. "History is a lie that has been honed like a weapon by people who have suppressed the truth," a voiceover says. "Centuries from now your own history will also be suppressed."
Coming from David S. Goyer who co-wrote two upcoming superhero films "The Dark Knight Rises" and "Man of Steel", the new TV show revolves around Leonardo da Vinci who is tortured by a gift of superhuman genius. He finds himself in a conflict between truth and lies, religion and reason, past and future. Living in a world where thought and faith are controlled, he fights to set knowledge free.
British actor Tom Riley is set to take the lead role with Laura Haddock playing Lucrezia Donati, the mistress of Lorenzo Medici and lover of da Vinci. Lara Pulver and Allan Corduner are additionally cast as Medici's wife Clarice Orsini and da Vinci's mentor Verrochio respectively.
Julie Gardner and Jane Tranter join Goyes to executive produce the fantasy drama series, which is scheduled to premiere sometime in spring 2013.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars