Fox's 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Locks Jeremy Slater as Its Writer
20th Century Fox seems to be fast-tracking its "Fantastic Four" reboot project. Shortly after announcing that it has locked "Chronicle" helmer Josh Trank to direct the remake movie, the studio revealed that it has found a perfect scribe to pen the film's script.
Courtesy of The Hollywood Reporter, Fox is finalizing a deal to hire Jeremy Slater as the screenwriter for the untitled new Fantastic Four project. This indicates that the studio is aiming to kick off the production of the long-gestating project in a foreseeable future.
Slater himself is an up-and-coming writer who had previously written horror spec called "Tape 4", which was set up at Lionsgate Films. He additionally penned a teen spy comedy spec called "My Spy", which was at first obtained by CBS before being transfered to Universal with Jake Kasdan set to direct.
The "Fantastic Four" reboot initially had "Green Lantern" scribe Michael Green. The project has been delayed for a while since Fox had to focus on its other Marvel pics, including last year's "X-Men: First Class" and upcoming "The Wolverine".
Fox's previous "Fantastic Four" movies were directed by Tim Story and grossed $620 million worldwide combined. The two films starred Ioan Gruffudd as Reed Richards a.k.a Mr. Fantastic, Jessica Alba as Susan Storm a.k.a Invisible Woman, Chris Evans as Johnny Storm a.k.a Human Torch, and Michael Chiklis as Ben Grimm a.k.a The Thing.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off