Jay-Z Adds Three More Dates to Barclays Arena Concert
Jay-Z announced earlier this week that he would be performing for three nights to open the new Barclays Arena in Brooklyn. The original dates for his shows were September 28-30, and he later added two more dates, October 3 and 4.
On Thurdsay, July 12, Hova added three more dates to the highly anticipated concert series. He will also get crowd pumping on October 1, 5, and 6, bringing the total number of performances to eight shows.
The additional dates were prompted by a high demand for presale tickets as well as the exponential rise of ticket prices on the online scalper market. "We can't control the secondary market. We price these shows so that anybody who wants to come can," said Barclays Center CEO Brett Yormark about the rise in ticket prices.
7,000 seats will be priced at $30 or less so that the show could be more affordable for fans. However, around 6,700 tickets are already being advertised online and are being sold anywhere from $60 for seats way up in the arena to the astronomical $6,800 for floor spots.
Scalpers have a variety of ways to get tickets as quickly as they possibly can such as sophisticated computer programs or special sales such as the Wednesday presale that was offered to American Express card holders, Nets season ticket owners and Barclays Center email subscribers. At the rate that scalpers are going, it will be very difficult for the real fans to get tickets.
The Barclays Arena will be future home of the former New Jersey Nets who will debut as the Brooklyn Nets this fall and will also host the concerts of Justin Bieber, Barbra Streisand and Neil Young this year.
More Jay-Z News
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame