Johnny Depp Comes to 'Family Guy' as Edward Scissorhands
Johnny Depp will reprise his "Edward Scissorhands" role on "Family Guy". The 49-year-old actor will voice the artificial man, who appeared in the Tim Burton-directed 1990 movie, in a brief cameo for an upcoming episode of the animated comedy show.
Executive producer Mark Hentemann reveals the Barnabas Collins of "Dark Shadows" needed a second to get back into the iconic character. "When he was in the booth, he said that he felt like he hadn't done that voice since he did it in front of the camera," the writer tells Entertainment Weekly.
"He was able to snap right back into Edward Scissorhands once we pulled up a clip from the movie," Hentemann further recalls. "He was amazing - and demonstrated extraordinary patience with all the fawning women in our office who swarmed him."
The new season of "Family Guy" will debut Sunday, September 30 at 9 P.M. ET on FOX.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences