Johnny Depp Comes to 'Family Guy' as Edward Scissorhands
Johnny Depp will reprise his "Edward Scissorhands" role on "Family Guy". The 49-year-old actor will voice the artificial man, who appeared in the Tim Burton-directed 1990 movie, in a brief cameo for an upcoming episode of the animated comedy show.
Executive producer Mark Hentemann reveals the Barnabas Collins of "Dark Shadows" needed a second to get back into the iconic character. "When he was in the booth, he said that he felt like he hadn't done that voice since he did it in front of the camera," the writer tells Entertainment Weekly.
"He was able to snap right back into Edward Scissorhands once we pulled up a clip from the movie," Hentemann further recalls. "He was amazing - and demonstrated extraordinary patience with all the fawning women in our office who swarmed him."
The new season of "Family Guy" will debut Sunday, September 30 at 9 P.M. ET on FOX.
More Family Guy News
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video