Kristin Chenoweth Hit by Lightning Equipment on 'The Good Wife' Set
Kristin Chenoweth has been injured on the set of "The Good Wife". The April Rhodes of "Glee" was taken to a New York hospital by ambulance after she was hit in the head by scaffolding during the filming of the CBS legal drama on Wednesday, July 11 in Brooklyn, her publicist Jill Fritzo said.
According to TMZ, someone from the Brooklyn set called 911 at 5:07 P.M., reporting that a woman was hit in the head by a scaffolding. A source connected to the production, meanwhile, said that the Emmy-winning actress "was struck by a piece of lighting equipment that collapsed because of a large gust of wind."
Chenoweth reportedly fell to the ground and hit her head on the concrete."That area is a vortex for wind ... and a big gust of wind blew the lighting off the scaffolding," an eyewitness dished on, adding that she appeared to be "knocked out cold."
TMZ, which got its hands on pictures capturing the incident, reported that paramedics put a neck brace on the Carlene Cockburn of the short-lived comedy "GCB" and put her on a stretcher before taking her away from the set in an FDNY ambulance.
Her condition is not known yet. A New York City Fire Department spokesman said that a woman suffered minor injures at that location, but didn't identify the victim.
This is not the first time the Broadway star gets into an accident while working. She was injured during the pre-Broadway engagement of "Wicked" and a rehearsal of the Broadway revival "The Apple Tree" in 2003 and 2006 respectively. Later in 2011, she injured her back on the set of "Glee".
On "The Good Wife", Chenoweth is cast in a recurring role as a political reporter, who wants to find out all the details on Peter Florrick's campaign for governor, as well as his and Alicia's marriage. She will make her first appearance in the season 4 premiere.
Most recently, it's announced that Amanda Peet would join the guest-star line-up as a military lawyer who hires Alicia to help her sue a contract worker for attempted sexual assault. Peet's character and Alicia then become friends.
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her
- Video Premiere: Chris Brown's 'Grass Ain't Greener'
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'