Serena Williams Is a Tough Lawyer in New 'Drop Dead Diva' Clip
Serena Williams channels her inner attorney in a new sneak peek for the upcoming episode of "Drop Dead Diva". Making its way out via TV Guide, the clip gives a look at a court scene in which Parker (Josh Stamberg) takes the witness stand in a custody battle of his son Eric against Elisa (Brandy).
The professional tennis player appears as high-profile, hard-a** attorney Kelly Stevens, who is hired by Elisa to fight for sole custody of Eric. Parker, meanwhile, enlists Kim's (Kate Levering) help in the custody hearing. Judging the clip, it seems that the tension is going to be high in the court room.
The episode featuring Williams will air Sunday, July 8 at 9/8c on Lifetime.
Met on the set of the legal series, the sister of Venus Williams shared about her feelings being cast as a lawyer. "When I was younger, I thought I'd go back to school and be a lawyer, but I'm kind of excited I get to experience it a little bit behind the scenes. You get to feel a little powerful in your suit," she gushed.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie