Serena Williams Is a Tough Lawyer in New 'Drop Dead Diva' Clip
Serena Williams channels her inner attorney in a new sneak peek for the upcoming episode of "Drop Dead Diva". Making its way out via TV Guide, the clip gives a look at a court scene in which Parker (Josh Stamberg) takes the witness stand in a custody battle of his son Eric against Elisa (Brandy).
The professional tennis player appears as high-profile, hard-a** attorney Kelly Stevens, who is hired by Elisa to fight for sole custody of Eric. Parker, meanwhile, enlists Kim's (Kate Levering) help in the custody hearing. Judging the clip, it seems that the tension is going to be high in the court room.
The episode featuring Williams will air Sunday, July 8 at 9/8c on Lifetime.
Met on the set of the legal series, the sister of Venus Williams shared about her feelings being cast as a lawyer. "When I was younger, I thought I'd go back to school and be a lawyer, but I'm kind of excited I get to experience it a little bit behind the scenes. You get to feel a little powerful in your suit," she gushed.
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role