Serena Williams Is a Tough Lawyer in New 'Drop Dead Diva' Clip
Serena Williams channels her inner attorney in a new sneak peek for the upcoming episode of "Drop Dead Diva". Making its way out via TV Guide, the clip gives a look at a court scene in which Parker (Josh Stamberg) takes the witness stand in a custody battle of his son Eric against Elisa (Brandy).
The professional tennis player appears as high-profile, hard-a** attorney Kelly Stevens, who is hired by Elisa to fight for sole custody of Eric. Parker, meanwhile, enlists Kim's (Kate Levering) help in the custody hearing. Judging the clip, it seems that the tension is going to be high in the court room.
The episode featuring Williams will air Sunday, July 8 at 9/8c on Lifetime.
Met on the set of the legal series, the sister of Venus Williams shared about her feelings being cast as a lawyer. "When I was younger, I thought I'd go back to school and be a lawyer, but I'm kind of excited I get to experience it a little bit behind the scenes. You get to feel a little powerful in your suit," she gushed.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns