Katie Holmes Smiling When Taking Suri to Art Museum
Katie Holmes continued to put on a brave face amidst divorce proceedings and child custody battle against her estranged husband Tom Cruise. The actress flashed a smile when taking her daughter Suri to the Children's Museum of the Arts in New York on Thursday, July 5.
Holmes, 33, wore a blue-and-pink polkadot backless halter-neck top that she paired with denims. She donned aviator glasses as well as ballet shoes and put on her hair in a messy bun. Suri wore a pink outfit and flip-flops, clinging to her mother while clutching a stuffed animal.
After Holmes moved out of the house she shared with Cruise, it's reportedly been difficult for him to contact Suri. The estranged couple had "absolutely no contact" with each other, but their people were arguing over when and how Tom could talk to the 6-year-old girl.
According to TMZ, things were "really bitter now" between Holmes and Cruise. A source said the "Rock of Ages" star, who turned 50 on July 3, did speak with his daughter by phone at least once a day.
Katie filed for divorce from Cruise on June 28, but she already hinted at entering "a new phase" weeks prior to the filing. During a pre-divorce interview with Elle for its newest issue, she said, "I know who I am and where I am and where I want to go, so I want to focus on that."
Holmes currently lives with Suri in an apartment located in Manhattan's artsy Chelsea neighborhood. She leases a two-bedroom, two-and-a-half-bath apartment in the Chelsea Mercantile for about $12,500, E! News reports. Cruise, meanwhile, has just returned home in Los Angeles from Iceland after filming "Oblivion".
More Katie Holmes News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'