Katie Holmes Smiling When Taking Suri to Art Museum
Katie Holmes continued to put on a brave face amidst divorce proceedings and child custody battle against her estranged husband Tom Cruise. The actress flashed a smile when taking her daughter Suri to the Children's Museum of the Arts in New York on Thursday, July 5.
Holmes, 33, wore a blue-and-pink polkadot backless halter-neck top that she paired with denims. She donned aviator glasses as well as ballet shoes and put on her hair in a messy bun. Suri wore a pink outfit and flip-flops, clinging to her mother while clutching a stuffed animal.
After Holmes moved out of the house she shared with Cruise, it's reportedly been difficult for him to contact Suri. The estranged couple had "absolutely no contact" with each other, but their people were arguing over when and how Tom could talk to the 6-year-old girl.
According to TMZ, things were "really bitter now" between Holmes and Cruise. A source said the "Rock of Ages" star, who turned 50 on July 3, did speak with his daughter by phone at least once a day.
Katie filed for divorce from Cruise on June 28, but she already hinted at entering "a new phase" weeks prior to the filing. During a pre-divorce interview with Elle for its newest issue, she said, "I know who I am and where I am and where I want to go, so I want to focus on that."
Holmes currently lives with Suri in an apartment located in Manhattan's artsy Chelsea neighborhood. She leases a two-bedroom, two-and-a-half-bath apartment in the Chelsea Mercantile for about $12,500, E! News reports. Cruise, meanwhile, has just returned home in Los Angeles from Iceland after filming "Oblivion".
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed