Katie Holmes Hinted Marriage Trouble Before Divorce Announcement
Less than two months before she announced that she's filing for divorce from husband Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes has subtly hinted in an interview with Elle magazine that she was entering a new phase. The magazine is coming to newsstands on July 17 with the headline "on Tom, Suri and what she desperately wants".
"I definitely feel much more comfortable in my own skin. I feel sexier. I think in my 20s, it's like you're trying too hard to figure everything out," the 33-year-old actress told Elle in an interview conducted mid-May. "I'm starting to come into my own. It's like a new phase." Holmes was 26 when she began dating Cruise and 27 when she married him.
She also suggested that something is not right in their marriage when talking about her husband. "He has been Tom Cruise for 30 years," she said. "I know who I am and where I am and where I want to go, so I want to focus on that."
And when it comes to the thought that she got a boost in career due to her high-profile marriage, Holmes said, "Things are not handed to anyone. If anything, you work a little bit harder when you're in such visible circumstances."
More Katie Holmes News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding