'Dredd' Debuts Motion Poster Ahead of Comic-Con Screening
Lionsgate Films has unleashed a motion poster to promote its upcoming comic book movie, "Dredd". The one-sheet offers a quick glimpse at Karl Urban's lead character shooting a wall with his trusty gun. It also has a hashtag that reads, "#JudgmentIsComing."
At the same time the poster made its way out onto the web, Lionsgate announced that it would be hosting a screening event for "Dredd" at the 2012 San Diego Comic-Con. The advance screening would be held during the convention's preview night on Thursday, July 11.
Taking place at Reading Cinemas Gaslamp. 701 5th Ave., San Diego, the screening would be held at 10 o'clock in the evening. Lead actor Urban would be on hand to introduce the special screening event before serving as a moderator during a Masters of the Web panel the following day.
An adaptation of John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra's comic strip, "Dredd" follows the titular character who is the most feared judge among other elite Street Judges in Mega City One. He has the power to enforce the law, sentence offenders and execute them on the spot if necessary.
Joining Urban in the cast ensemble are Olivia Thirlby as Anderson, Lena Headey as Ma-Ma, Langley Kirkwood as Judge Lex, Francis Chouler as Judge Guthrie, and Deobia Oparei as Judge T.J. Alvarez. Directed by Pete Travis, the R-rated film is due to open in the U.S. on September 21.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked