'Dredd' Debuts Motion Poster Ahead of Comic-Con Screening
Lionsgate Films has unleashed a motion poster to promote its upcoming comic book movie, "Dredd". The one-sheet offers a quick glimpse at Karl Urban's lead character shooting a wall with his trusty gun. It also has a hashtag that reads, "#JudgmentIsComing."
At the same time the poster made its way out onto the web, Lionsgate announced that it would be hosting a screening event for "Dredd" at the 2012 San Diego Comic-Con. The advance screening would be held during the convention's preview night on Thursday, July 11.
Taking place at Reading Cinemas Gaslamp. 701 5th Ave., San Diego, the screening would be held at 10 o'clock in the evening. Lead actor Urban would be on hand to introduce the special screening event before serving as a moderator during a Masters of the Web panel the following day.
An adaptation of John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra's comic strip, "Dredd" follows the titular character who is the most feared judge among other elite Street Judges in Mega City One. He has the power to enforce the law, sentence offenders and execute them on the spot if necessary.
Joining Urban in the cast ensemble are Olivia Thirlby as Anderson, Lena Headey as Ma-Ma, Langley Kirkwood as Judge Lex, Francis Chouler as Judge Guthrie, and Deobia Oparei as Judge T.J. Alvarez. Directed by Pete Travis, the R-rated film is due to open in the U.S. on September 21.
- Braless Kendall Risks Nip Slip in Revealing Gold Top, Kylie Flaunts Butt in Thong Bikini
- Ireland Baldwin Dances in the Ocean Completely Topless in Latest Love Advent Video
- The Ancient Princess Is Awakened in 'The Mummy' First Full Trailer
- Taylor Swift Sends Next Album's Material to Ex Tom Hiddleston - But Why?
- See Jennifer Aniston Help Vanessa Bayer Prepare for Rachel Spoof on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Selena Gomez Steps Out With New Haircut at Hollywood Hot Spot
- 'Moana' Remains at No. 1 at Box Office on Slow Weekend
- Are Steven Tyler and His 28-Year-Old Girlfriend Engaged? See the Proof