'Dredd' Debuts Motion Poster Ahead of Comic-Con Screening
Lionsgate Films has unleashed a motion poster to promote its upcoming comic book movie, "Dredd". The one-sheet offers a quick glimpse at Karl Urban's lead character shooting a wall with his trusty gun. It also has a hashtag that reads, "#JudgmentIsComing."
At the same time the poster made its way out onto the web, Lionsgate announced that it would be hosting a screening event for "Dredd" at the 2012 San Diego Comic-Con. The advance screening would be held during the convention's preview night on Thursday, July 11.
Taking place at Reading Cinemas Gaslamp. 701 5th Ave., San Diego, the screening would be held at 10 o'clock in the evening. Lead actor Urban would be on hand to introduce the special screening event before serving as a moderator during a Masters of the Web panel the following day.
An adaptation of John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra's comic strip, "Dredd" follows the titular character who is the most feared judge among other elite Street Judges in Mega City One. He has the power to enforce the law, sentence offenders and execute them on the spot if necessary.
Joining Urban in the cast ensemble are Olivia Thirlby as Anderson, Lena Headey as Ma-Ma, Langley Kirkwood as Judge Lex, Francis Chouler as Judge Guthrie, and Deobia Oparei as Judge T.J. Alvarez. Directed by Pete Travis, the R-rated film is due to open in the U.S. on September 21.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3