Artist of the Week: Brantley Gilbert
Brantley Gilbert is one of the few songwriters who successfully emerged from behind the scene and created a strongly-based career as a performing artist. Helping Jason Aldean score hit singles with "Dirt Road Anthem" and "My Kinda Party", the 27-year-old country music singer now makes his own path to top the charts.
Gilbert peaked at No. 3 on Billboard Country Songs with "You Don't Know Her Like I Do". The single was released as a follow-up to "Country Must Be Country Wide", which earned him a No. 1 spot on the chart and a Breakthrough Video of the Year nomination at 2012 CMT Music Awards. Though losing the prize, he still managed to get a Nationwide Is on Your Side Award.
Both tracks are taken from his second studio album "Halfway to Heaven". The CD features 12 songs "that range from heavy to heartfelt and act as a showcase of diversity for the young singer/songwriter." Coming out in March 2010, it climbed to No. 4 on Billboard Hot 200 and to No. 2 on Country Albums chart.
In the sophomore set, he revisited "Dirt Road Anthem" which was originally recorded for his debut CD "Modern Day Prodigal Son" released in 2009.
More Brantley Gilbert News
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway