Artist of the Week: Brantley Gilbert
Brantley Gilbert is one of the few songwriters who successfully emerged from behind the scene and created a strongly-based career as a performing artist. Helping Jason Aldean score hit singles with "Dirt Road Anthem" and "My Kinda Party", the 27-year-old country music singer now makes his own path to top the charts.
Gilbert peaked at No. 3 on Billboard Country Songs with "You Don't Know Her Like I Do". The single was released as a follow-up to "Country Must Be Country Wide", which earned him a No. 1 spot on the chart and a Breakthrough Video of the Year nomination at 2012 CMT Music Awards. Though losing the prize, he still managed to get a Nationwide Is on Your Side Award.
Both tracks are taken from his second studio album "Halfway to Heaven". The CD features 12 songs "that range from heavy to heartfelt and act as a showcase of diversity for the young singer/songwriter." Coming out in March 2010, it climbed to No. 4 on Billboard Hot 200 and to No. 2 on Country Albums chart.
In the sophomore set, he revisited "Dirt Road Anthem" which was originally recorded for his debut CD "Modern Day Prodigal Son" released in 2009.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!