Artist of the Week: Brantley Gilbert
Brantley Gilbert is one of the few songwriters who successfully emerged from behind the scene and created a strongly-based career as a performing artist. Helping Jason Aldean score hit singles with "Dirt Road Anthem" and "My Kinda Party", the 27-year-old country music singer now makes his own path to top the charts.
Gilbert peaked at No. 3 on Billboard Country Songs with "You Don't Know Her Like I Do". The single was released as a follow-up to "Country Must Be Country Wide", which earned him a No. 1 spot on the chart and a Breakthrough Video of the Year nomination at 2012 CMT Music Awards. Though losing the prize, he still managed to get a Nationwide Is on Your Side Award.
Both tracks are taken from his second studio album "Halfway to Heaven". The CD features 12 songs "that range from heavy to heartfelt and act as a showcase of diversity for the young singer/songwriter." Coming out in March 2010, it climbed to No. 4 on Billboard Hot 200 and to No. 2 on Country Albums chart.
In the sophomore set, he revisited "Dirt Road Anthem" which was originally recorded for his debut CD "Modern Day Prodigal Son" released in 2009.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?