Video Premiere: Lana Del Rey's 'National Anthem'
Lana Del Rey's highly-anticipated video music for "National Anthem" has arrived with all the reminiscence of JFK's life and death. The singer plays both Marilyn Monroe and Jackie Kennedy who were both linked to the former U.S. President in two different ways.
In the video directed by Anthony Mandler, Del Rey opens it with a reenactment scene of Monroe singing the sultry "Happy Birthday" to JFK in 1962. Then she switches to the president's doting wife Jackie who stood by the commander in chief until his assassination. Clocking in at over 7 minutes, the video recounts how JFK and Jackie's marriage went through both happy and rocky stages.
Fans may find plenty of messages from the video since Del Rey made a biracial version of the First Family. A$AP Rocky plays an African-American JFK who was unimaginable back in the 60s. "It's some cool trippy s**t, some real 2015 s**t," Rocky said about the video. "People are gonna get it in like three years, and that's the whole purpose of it."
"National Anthem" is lifted off Del Rey's 2012 album "Born to Die".
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation