Video Premiere: Lana Del Rey's 'National Anthem'
Lana Del Rey's highly-anticipated video music for "National Anthem" has arrived with all the reminiscence of JFK's life and death. The singer plays both Marilyn Monroe and Jackie Kennedy who were both linked to the former U.S. President in two different ways.
In the video directed by Anthony Mandler, Del Rey opens it with a reenactment scene of Monroe singing the sultry "Happy Birthday" to JFK in 1962. Then she switches to the president's doting wife Jackie who stood by the commander in chief until his assassination. Clocking in at over 7 minutes, the video recounts how JFK and Jackie's marriage went through both happy and rocky stages.
Fans may find plenty of messages from the video since Del Rey made a biracial version of the First Family. A$AP Rocky plays an African-American JFK who was unimaginable back in the 60s. "It's some cool trippy s**t, some real 2015 s**t," Rocky said about the video. "People are gonna get it in like three years, and that's the whole purpose of it."
"National Anthem" is lifted off Del Rey's 2012 album "Born to Die".
More Lana Del Rey News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie