Kenny Chesney's Label Apologizes After Look-a-Like Fan Gets Kicked Out of Concert
A fan of Kenny Chesney was thrown out of his concert at Nashville's LP Field on June 23 for bearing striking resemblance to the singer. The security who kicked out the poor guy named Nate Blankenship claimed his resemblance to the main star was creating disturbance among the crowd, and said the order to boot him was "coming straight from the top."
In response, Chesney's label issued an apology and insisted that "no one in Chesney's management or promoter camp was aware that this fan had been escorted from the show until after it had been reported by the media." Promoter Kate McMahon added, "We never want our fans to leave disappointed and we are reaching out to him to make this situation right."
Blankenship was offered refund for the $200 he spent on his ticket, and given some merchandises as compensations for the forced exit. "I heard from Sony Music and the concert promoters, and they have told they will be refunding the money I paid for my ticket to the concert. In addition, Sony has said they will be sending me several CDs, which I appreciate," he said.
Although he admitted "here or there somebody asked to take a picture to make their friends or family think they were with Kenny," he denied accusation that he purposely tried to impersonate the country crooner. He stated, "I am not now, nor have I ever been a Kenny Chesney impersonator and contrary to several reports, I do not sign autographs, pretend to be him for financial gain, or follow him around from concert to concert."
"I would like to thank my family, friends and the many well wishers who have supported me in the past 24 hours, which has probably been the most hectic day of my life," Blankenship concluded.
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest