Kenny Chesney's Label Apologizes After Look-a-Like Fan Gets Kicked Out of Concert
A fan of Kenny Chesney was thrown out of his concert at Nashville's LP Field on June 23 for bearing striking resemblance to the singer. The security who kicked out the poor guy named Nate Blankenship claimed his resemblance to the main star was creating disturbance among the crowd, and said the order to boot him was "coming straight from the top."
In response, Chesney's label issued an apology and insisted that "no one in Chesney's management or promoter camp was aware that this fan had been escorted from the show until after it had been reported by the media." Promoter Kate McMahon added, "We never want our fans to leave disappointed and we are reaching out to him to make this situation right."
Blankenship was offered refund for the $200 he spent on his ticket, and given some merchandises as compensations for the forced exit. "I heard from Sony Music and the concert promoters, and they have told they will be refunding the money I paid for my ticket to the concert. In addition, Sony has said they will be sending me several CDs, which I appreciate," he said.
Although he admitted "here or there somebody asked to take a picture to make their friends or family think they were with Kenny," he denied accusation that he purposely tried to impersonate the country crooner. He stated, "I am not now, nor have I ever been a Kenny Chesney impersonator and contrary to several reports, I do not sign autographs, pretend to be him for financial gain, or follow him around from concert to concert."
"I would like to thank my family, friends and the many well wishers who have supported me in the past 24 hours, which has probably been the most hectic day of my life," Blankenship concluded.
More Kenny Chesney News
- Justin Bieber and Skrillex Sued for Allegedly Ripping Off 'Sorry'
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Reach Divorce Settlement
- Nick Jonas Goes Shirtless in First Trailer for Erotic Thriller 'Careful What You Wish For'
- Johnny Depp Releases Statement Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard