Kenny Chesney's Label Apologizes After Look-a-Like Fan Gets Kicked Out of Concert
A fan of Kenny Chesney was thrown out of his concert at Nashville's LP Field on June 23 for bearing striking resemblance to the singer. The security who kicked out the poor guy named Nate Blankenship claimed his resemblance to the main star was creating disturbance among the crowd, and said the order to boot him was "coming straight from the top."
In response, Chesney's label issued an apology and insisted that "no one in Chesney's management or promoter camp was aware that this fan had been escorted from the show until after it had been reported by the media." Promoter Kate McMahon added, "We never want our fans to leave disappointed and we are reaching out to him to make this situation right."
Blankenship was offered refund for the $200 he spent on his ticket, and given some merchandises as compensations for the forced exit. "I heard from Sony Music and the concert promoters, and they have told they will be refunding the money I paid for my ticket to the concert. In addition, Sony has said they will be sending me several CDs, which I appreciate," he said.
Although he admitted "here or there somebody asked to take a picture to make their friends or family think they were with Kenny," he denied accusation that he purposely tried to impersonate the country crooner. He stated, "I am not now, nor have I ever been a Kenny Chesney impersonator and contrary to several reports, I do not sign autographs, pretend to be him for financial gain, or follow him around from concert to concert."
"I would like to thank my family, friends and the many well wishers who have supported me in the past 24 hours, which has probably been the most hectic day of my life," Blankenship concluded.
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Expecting 3rd Child
- Watch Charli XCX's Adorable 'Boys' Video Starring Joe Jonas, Charlie Puth, Jay Park and More Hotties
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Firefighter Spin-Off Casts Jaina Lee Ortiz
- Ike Barinholtz Broke His Neck While Filming Movie Stunt
- Bella Hadid Flashes Nipples and Tummy in Skintight Crop Top
- Henry Cavill Addresses 'Justice League' 'Mustache Fiasco' With Hilarious Instagram Post
- Was '4:44' Album Title Inspired by Jay-Z and Solange's Elevator Fight?
- HBO's Porn Drama 'The Deuce' Gets a September Premiere Date