Lana Del Rey and A$AP Rocky to Play the Kennedys in 'National Anthem' Music Video
Lana Del Rey and A$AP Rocky have revealed the concept of their upcoming collaboration in Del Rey's "National Anthem" music video. The "Video Games" hitmaker and the Harlem rapper have confirmed that they are going to play the Kennedys in the clip.
Sharing the news to Germany's 16bars.tv., Rocky dished, "Some swag s***. I play JFK, she plays Jackie O." He went on spilling, "It's some cool trippy s***, some real 2015 s***. People are gonna get it in like three years, and that's the whole purpose of it."
In a separate interview with BBC Radio 1, Del Rey revealed that the "National Anthem" clip will present a unique portrayal of the America's 35th President and his wife. The video would be 10 minutes long with Anthony Mandler serving behind the lens.
"Every so often, I top what I've done, and this video is definitely the most beautiful thing I've ever done," the 26-year-old singer gushed. "I wrote a treatment for me and A$AP Rocky, because I just thought he'd be really perfect to star in it... I love it."
Del Rey recently debuted her new song "Body Electric" during a performance at Los Angeles' El Rey Theatre. As for Rocky, the rapper recently released a video for his song "Brand New Guy" which features ScHoolboy Q member, Black Hippy. The song "National Anthem" itself is lifted off Del Rey's latest album "Born to Die", which was released in the U.S. on January 27.
More Lana Del Rey News
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship