Lana Del Rey and A$AP Rocky to Play the Kennedys in 'National Anthem' Music Video
Lana Del Rey and A$AP Rocky have revealed the concept of their upcoming collaboration in Del Rey's "National Anthem" music video. The "Video Games" hitmaker and the Harlem rapper have confirmed that they are going to play the Kennedys in the clip.
Sharing the news to Germany's 16bars.tv., Rocky dished, "Some swag s***. I play JFK, she plays Jackie O." He went on spilling, "It's some cool trippy s***, some real 2015 s***. People are gonna get it in like three years, and that's the whole purpose of it."
In a separate interview with BBC Radio 1, Del Rey revealed that the "National Anthem" clip will present a unique portrayal of the America's 35th President and his wife. The video would be 10 minutes long with Anthony Mandler serving behind the lens.
"Every so often, I top what I've done, and this video is definitely the most beautiful thing I've ever done," the 26-year-old singer gushed. "I wrote a treatment for me and A$AP Rocky, because I just thought he'd be really perfect to star in it... I love it."
Del Rey recently debuted her new song "Body Electric" during a performance at Los Angeles' El Rey Theatre. As for Rocky, the rapper recently released a video for his song "Brand New Guy" which features ScHoolboy Q member, Black Hippy. The song "National Anthem" itself is lifted off Del Rey's latest album "Born to Die", which was released in the U.S. on January 27.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says