Lana Del Rey and A$AP Rocky to Play the Kennedys in 'National Anthem' Music Video
Lana Del Rey and A$AP Rocky have revealed the concept of their upcoming collaboration in Del Rey's "National Anthem" music video. The "Video Games" hitmaker and the Harlem rapper have confirmed that they are going to play the Kennedys in the clip.
Sharing the news to Germany's 16bars.tv., Rocky dished, "Some swag s***. I play JFK, she plays Jackie O." He went on spilling, "It's some cool trippy s***, some real 2015 s***. People are gonna get it in like three years, and that's the whole purpose of it."
In a separate interview with BBC Radio 1, Del Rey revealed that the "National Anthem" clip will present a unique portrayal of the America's 35th President and his wife. The video would be 10 minutes long with Anthony Mandler serving behind the lens.
"Every so often, I top what I've done, and this video is definitely the most beautiful thing I've ever done," the 26-year-old singer gushed. "I wrote a treatment for me and A$AP Rocky, because I just thought he'd be really perfect to star in it... I love it."
Del Rey recently debuted her new song "Body Electric" during a performance at Los Angeles' El Rey Theatre. As for Rocky, the rapper recently released a video for his song "Brand New Guy" which features ScHoolboy Q member, Black Hippy. The song "National Anthem" itself is lifted off Del Rey's latest album "Born to Die", which was released in the U.S. on January 27.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences