Lana Del Rey and A$AP Rocky to Play the Kennedys in 'National Anthem' Music Video
Lana Del Rey and A$AP Rocky have revealed the concept of their upcoming collaboration in Del Rey's "National Anthem" music video. The "Video Games" hitmaker and the Harlem rapper have confirmed that they are going to play the Kennedys in the clip.
Sharing the news to Germany's 16bars.tv., Rocky dished, "Some swag s***. I play JFK, she plays Jackie O." He went on spilling, "It's some cool trippy s***, some real 2015 s***. People are gonna get it in like three years, and that's the whole purpose of it."
In a separate interview with BBC Radio 1, Del Rey revealed that the "National Anthem" clip will present a unique portrayal of the America's 35th President and his wife. The video would be 10 minutes long with Anthony Mandler serving behind the lens.
"Every so often, I top what I've done, and this video is definitely the most beautiful thing I've ever done," the 26-year-old singer gushed. "I wrote a treatment for me and A$AP Rocky, because I just thought he'd be really perfect to star in it... I love it."
Del Rey recently debuted her new song "Body Electric" during a performance at Los Angeles' El Rey Theatre. As for Rocky, the rapper recently released a video for his song "Brand New Guy" which features ScHoolboy Q member, Black Hippy. The song "National Anthem" itself is lifted off Del Rey's latest album "Born to Die", which was released in the U.S. on January 27.
- New Boyfriend? Lindsay Lohan Spotted Together With Dennis Papageorgiou in Greece
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'