Lana Del Rey and A$AP Rocky to Play the Kennedys in 'National Anthem' Music Video
Lana Del Rey and A$AP Rocky have revealed the concept of their upcoming collaboration in Del Rey's "National Anthem" music video. The "Video Games" hitmaker and the Harlem rapper have confirmed that they are going to play the Kennedys in the clip.
Sharing the news to Germany's 16bars.tv., Rocky dished, "Some swag s***. I play JFK, she plays Jackie O." He went on spilling, "It's some cool trippy s***, some real 2015 s***. People are gonna get it in like three years, and that's the whole purpose of it."
In a separate interview with BBC Radio 1, Del Rey revealed that the "National Anthem" clip will present a unique portrayal of the America's 35th President and his wife. The video would be 10 minutes long with Anthony Mandler serving behind the lens.
"Every so often, I top what I've done, and this video is definitely the most beautiful thing I've ever done," the 26-year-old singer gushed. "I wrote a treatment for me and A$AP Rocky, because I just thought he'd be really perfect to star in it... I love it."
Del Rey recently debuted her new song "Body Electric" during a performance at Los Angeles' El Rey Theatre. As for Rocky, the rapper recently released a video for his song "Brand New Guy" which features ScHoolboy Q member, Black Hippy. The song "National Anthem" itself is lifted off Del Rey's latest album "Born to Die", which was released in the U.S. on January 27.
More Lana Del Rey News
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'