Radiohead Postpone Shows After Stage Collapse Destroyed Some Equipments
Radiohead have postponed several dates of their European tour in the wake of the stage collapse in Toronto. In a statement released on Thursday, June 21, the British band announced that they will reschedule their shows in Italy, Germany and Switzerland which were supposed to take place from June 30 to July 9.
"Whilst we all are dealing with the grief and shock ensuing from this terrible accident there are also many practical considerations to deal with," so the statement read. Reminding that the stage collapse killed drum technician Scott Johnson and injured three other crew members, the band revealed, "The collapse also destroyed the light show."
"This show was unique and will take many weeks to replace," the five-piece rock group continued explaining. "The collapse also caused serious damage to our backline, some elements of which are decades old and therefore hard to replace."
Information on new dates for the postponed shows, and how to seek refunds for those who will be unable to attend the rescheduled shows is going to be announced on June 27. Meanwhile, Radiohead are scheduled to resume their tour on July 10 in the south of France.
Following the stage collapse that took place hours before Radiohead's concert in Toronto on Saturday, June 16 night, the Canadian Ministry of Labour has launched an investigation into four companies which are deemed responsible for the incident. They are Ticker Tape Touring LLP, Optex Staging and Services, Nasco Staffing Solutions and concert promoter Live Nation.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart