Radiohead Postpone Shows After Stage Collapse Destroyed Some Equipments
Radiohead have postponed several dates of their European tour in the wake of the stage collapse in Toronto. In a statement released on Thursday, June 21, the British band announced that they will reschedule their shows in Italy, Germany and Switzerland which were supposed to take place from June 30 to July 9.
"Whilst we all are dealing with the grief and shock ensuing from this terrible accident there are also many practical considerations to deal with," so the statement read. Reminding that the stage collapse killed drum technician Scott Johnson and injured three other crew members, the band revealed, "The collapse also destroyed the light show."
"This show was unique and will take many weeks to replace," the five-piece rock group continued explaining. "The collapse also caused serious damage to our backline, some elements of which are decades old and therefore hard to replace."
Information on new dates for the postponed shows, and how to seek refunds for those who will be unable to attend the rescheduled shows is going to be announced on June 27. Meanwhile, Radiohead are scheduled to resume their tour on July 10 in the south of France.
Following the stage collapse that took place hours before Radiohead's concert in Toronto on Saturday, June 16 night, the Canadian Ministry of Labour has launched an investigation into four companies which are deemed responsible for the incident. They are Ticker Tape Touring LLP, Optex Staging and Services, Nasco Staffing Solutions and concert promoter Live Nation.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier