'Real Housewives of New Jersey' Couple Melissa and Joe Gorga Owe $2.25M in Mortgage
Another "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" couple is in financial trouble. After Teresa Giudice and her husband Giuseppe Giudice declared bankruptcy, now it's revealed that Melissa Gorga and Joe Gorga, who is Teresa's brother, have a huge debt as well.
The couple owes $2.25 million in mortgage, according to Radar Online. They took out the loan in 2007 to refinance the house they originally purchased for only $450,000 in 2005. "This mortgage is given as additional collateral for a construction mortgage loan," it's mentioned on the paperwork.
They have put the house, which has been modified by custom builder Joe, on the market for $520,000. It covers 684 square feet, has three bedrooms & two bathrooms, and boasts an outdoor saltwater pool and patio area complete with outdoor kitchen and fireplace.
Melissa and Joe have also sold their Montville Township mansion for $3.8 million because they couldn't afford the mortgage payments. "They are portraying a life they that they really didn't live prior to the show," a source said.
While Melissa opts to sell her properties to solve her problem, Teresa chose to visit a bankruptcy attorney to discuss her options. "In bankruptcy, you are able to start your life again," she said. "And that's exactly what I'm doing. Just because you do bankruptcy doesn't mean you have to crawl and die in a hole."
- New 'Jumanji' Movie Will Center on Video Game Instead of Magical Board Game
- Calvin Harris Announces New Single Featuring Pharrell, Ariana Grande and Young Thug
- New Boyfriend? Ellie Goulding Spotted Getting Cozy With Athlete Caspar Jopling
- 'The Flash' 3.19 Preview: Meet Future Barry Allen
- Natalie Portman Will Portray Bull Rider in 'Bronco Belle'
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon