'Real Housewives of New Jersey' Couple Melissa and Joe Gorga Owe $2.25M in Mortgage
Another "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" couple is in financial trouble. After Teresa Giudice and her husband Giuseppe Giudice declared bankruptcy, now it's revealed that Melissa Gorga and Joe Gorga, who is Teresa's brother, have a huge debt as well.
The couple owes $2.25 million in mortgage, according to Radar Online. They took out the loan in 2007 to refinance the house they originally purchased for only $450,000 in 2005. "This mortgage is given as additional collateral for a construction mortgage loan," it's mentioned on the paperwork.
They have put the house, which has been modified by custom builder Joe, on the market for $520,000. It covers 684 square feet, has three bedrooms & two bathrooms, and boasts an outdoor saltwater pool and patio area complete with outdoor kitchen and fireplace.
Melissa and Joe have also sold their Montville Township mansion for $3.8 million because they couldn't afford the mortgage payments. "They are portraying a life they that they really didn't live prior to the show," a source said.
While Melissa opts to sell her properties to solve her problem, Teresa chose to visit a bankruptcy attorney to discuss her options. "In bankruptcy, you are able to start your life again," she said. "And that's exactly what I'm doing. Just because you do bankruptcy doesn't mean you have to crawl and die in a hole."
More The Real Housewives of New Jersey News
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2
- Watch: Shawn Mendes Makes His Debut on 'SNL'
- Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Can't Stop Tweeting During National Security Briefing on 'SNL'
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball