'Real Housewives of New Jersey' Couple Melissa and Joe Gorga Owe $2.25M in Mortgage
Another "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" couple is in financial trouble. After Teresa Giudice and her husband Giuseppe Giudice declared bankruptcy, now it's revealed that Melissa Gorga and Joe Gorga, who is Teresa's brother, have a huge debt as well.
The couple owes $2.25 million in mortgage, according to Radar Online. They took out the loan in 2007 to refinance the house they originally purchased for only $450,000 in 2005. "This mortgage is given as additional collateral for a construction mortgage loan," it's mentioned on the paperwork.
They have put the house, which has been modified by custom builder Joe, on the market for $520,000. It covers 684 square feet, has three bedrooms & two bathrooms, and boasts an outdoor saltwater pool and patio area complete with outdoor kitchen and fireplace.
Melissa and Joe have also sold their Montville Township mansion for $3.8 million because they couldn't afford the mortgage payments. "They are portraying a life they that they really didn't live prior to the show," a source said.
While Melissa opts to sell her properties to solve her problem, Teresa chose to visit a bankruptcy attorney to discuss her options. "In bankruptcy, you are able to start your life again," she said. "And that's exactly what I'm doing. Just because you do bankruptcy doesn't mean you have to crawl and die in a hole."
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'