'Game of Thrones' and 'Modern Family' Triumphant at 2012 Monte Carlo TV Festival
The annual Golden Nymph awards ceremony marked the end of the 52nd Monte Carlo TV Festival on Thursday, June 14. Held at Monaco's Grimaldi Forum, the event witnessed a glorious moment for some U.S. TV shows such as "Game of Thrones" and "Modern Family". The HBO medieval show and the ABC mockumentary grabbed an Outstanding International Producer prize for drama and comedy series respectively.
Also coming out victorious that night were "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" and "Desperate Housewives" which took home International TV Audience Awards for Best Drama Series and Best Comedy Series respectively. "The Bold and the Beautiful", meanwhile, was the winner in soap opera category.
Taking home the acting prizes were "30 Rock" lead actress Tina Fey and "Call Me Fitz" star Jason Priestley. Additionally, Woody Harrelson was dubbed Outstanding Actor in television film for his role in "Game Change".
This year's Monte Carlo TV Festival ran from June 10-14. Among some U.S. small-screen talents attending the festival were "Desperate Housewives" alumna Eva Longoria, "Castle" actor Nathan Fillion, "Revenge" co-stars Emily VanCamp and Joshua Bowman, as well as former "One Tree Hill" star Chad Michael Murray.
Partial winner list of 2012 Golden Nymph Awards:
- Best Television Film: "The Last Fine Day", Germany
- Best Director: Masato Harada - "Early Autumn", Japan
- Outstanding Actor: Woody Harrelson - "Game Change", USA
- Outstanding Actress: Christine Neubauer - "Hanna's Decision", Germany
- Best Mini Series: "Yasu - A Single Father's Story", Japan
- Outstanding Actress: Emily Watson - "Appropriate Adult", United Kingdom
- Outstanding Actor: Julien Boisselier - "Henry of Navarre", Germany
- Outstanding International Producer: Christopher Lloyd & Steve Levitan - "Modern Family", USA
- Outstanding Actress: Tina Fey - "30 Rock", USA
- Outstanding Actor: Jason Priestley - "Call Me Fitz", USA
- Outstanding European Producer: Joey Fare - "Kaboul Kitchen"
- Outstanding International Producer: David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, Frank Doelger, Carolyn Strauss - "Game of Thrones", USA
- Outstanding Actress: Mille Dinesen - "Rita", Denmark
- Outstanding Actor: Henning Baum - "The Last Cop", Germany
- Outstanding European Producer: Guido De Angelis, Nicola De Angelis, Ciaran Donnelly - "Titanic Blood & Steel", Italy
- Best Drama TV Series: "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation", USA
- Best Comedy TV Series: "Desperate Housewives", USA
- Best Telenovelas - Soap Operas: "The Bold and the Beautiful", USA
More Game of Thrones News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars