'Big Love' Alumna Jeanne Tripplehorn Joins 'Criminal Minds' as Series Regular
Hotchner and his BAU team are going to welcome a new member in the next season of "Criminal Minds". The show has tapped Jeanne Tripplehorn, who claimed her fame through her supporting role as Dr. Beth Garner in 1992's film "Basic Instinct", to take a regular role as a new FBI profiler.
"We're thrilled to have Jeanne Tripplehorn join our team as a profiler," executive producer Erica Messer says in a statement to announce the casting news. "Her character will be introduced in the premiere. It's an exciting way to start season 8."
Tripplehorn's latest big TV role was Barbara Henrickson on HBO's "Big Love", which ran from 2006 until 2011. She recently landed a guest star role as Ouli on FOX's hit comedy "New Girl". Her film credits include "The Firm", "Waterworld" and "Sliding Doors".
The 49-year-old Emmy-nominated actress is cast on the police procedural series to replace Paget Brewster, who left the show at the end of season 7. Before she quit the show for good, the Emily Prentiss depicter was not featured in the second half of season 6, as her character was believed to be dead.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen