Neil Patrick Harris Hurts 'His Junk' as Spider-Man at 2012 Tony Awards
One of the memorable moments at the 2012 Tony Awards was when Neil Patrick Harris descended from the ceiling upside down. The host, who once voiced "Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions", pulled the stunt when Angela Lansbury and Theodore Chapin took the stage.
"Any concerns I had about this 'Spider-Man' rig failing have been overshadowed by the searing pain in my junk," Harris said. The "How I Met Your Mother" actor was believed to refer to the technical issues experienced by "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark".
He was left dangling in mid-air while the two presenters sang praise for the American Theatre Wing, which presented Tonys along with the Broadway League. At one point, "The Amazing Spider-Man" star Andrew Garfield was seen smiling in the audience.
"Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark" that featured music and lyrics by U2's Bono and The Edge got no nomination this year although it's eligible for the Awards. It's also not among the 16 shows that were represented with performances on the live telecast.
Garfield, meanwhile, vied for Best Actor in a Featured Role in a Play, thanks to his role in "Death of a Salesman". Unfortunately, the boyfriend of Emma Stone lost it to "Once" leading man Christian Borle.
More Neil Patrick Harris News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics