Neil Patrick Harris Hurts 'His Junk' as Spider-Man at 2012 Tony Awards
One of the memorable moments at the 2012 Tony Awards was when Neil Patrick Harris descended from the ceiling upside down. The host, who once voiced "Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions", pulled the stunt when Angela Lansbury and Theodore Chapin took the stage.
"Any concerns I had about this 'Spider-Man' rig failing have been overshadowed by the searing pain in my junk," Harris said. The "How I Met Your Mother" actor was believed to refer to the technical issues experienced by "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark".
He was left dangling in mid-air while the two presenters sang praise for the American Theatre Wing, which presented Tonys along with the Broadway League. At one point, "The Amazing Spider-Man" star Andrew Garfield was seen smiling in the audience.
"Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark" that featured music and lyrics by U2's Bono and The Edge got no nomination this year although it's eligible for the Awards. It's also not among the 16 shows that were represented with performances on the live telecast.
Garfield, meanwhile, vied for Best Actor in a Featured Role in a Play, thanks to his role in "Death of a Salesman". Unfortunately, the boyfriend of Emma Stone lost it to "Once" leading man Christian Borle.
More Neil Patrick Harris News
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'