Neil Patrick Harris Hurts 'His Junk' as Spider-Man at 2012 Tony Awards
One of the memorable moments at the 2012 Tony Awards was when Neil Patrick Harris descended from the ceiling upside down. The host, who once voiced "Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions", pulled the stunt when Angela Lansbury and Theodore Chapin took the stage.
"Any concerns I had about this 'Spider-Man' rig failing have been overshadowed by the searing pain in my junk," Harris said. The "How I Met Your Mother" actor was believed to refer to the technical issues experienced by "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark".
He was left dangling in mid-air while the two presenters sang praise for the American Theatre Wing, which presented Tonys along with the Broadway League. At one point, "The Amazing Spider-Man" star Andrew Garfield was seen smiling in the audience.
"Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark" that featured music and lyrics by U2's Bono and The Edge got no nomination this year although it's eligible for the Awards. It's also not among the 16 shows that were represented with performances on the live telecast.
Garfield, meanwhile, vied for Best Actor in a Featured Role in a Play, thanks to his role in "Death of a Salesman". Unfortunately, the boyfriend of Emma Stone lost it to "Once" leading man Christian Borle.
More Neil Patrick Harris News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special