Henry Ian Cusick Not Returning to 'Scandal' Season 2, Joshua Malina Upped as Regular
Henry Ian Cusick isn't a part of "Scandal" anymore. The Scottish-Peruvian actor, who received an Emmy nomination for his portrayal of Desmond Hume on "Lost", will not return for the sophomore season of the ABC drama series as his contract is not picked up.
The Hollywood Reporter says Cusick's dismissal is amicable. On the political thriller series, he played ladies man Stephen Finch who is a member of Olivia Pope's (Kerry Washington) team of professional fixers.
In contrary, Joshua Malina who plays U.S. Attorney David Rosen is promoted to series regular in season 2. Though he appeared in all seven episodes of the first season, he was only considered as a recurring star.
Creator Shonda Rhimes recently teased about a possible romance between David and Olivia. "Olivia and David have amazing chemistry, and I love watching them together," she said. Malina is all up for the said storyline as he gushed, "Even my wife would be fine with that!"
Back in May, "Scandal" was renewed for a second season which consists of 13 episodes.
More Scandal News
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist
- Blac Chyna's Baby Bump Is Growing! Model Bares Belly in Black Sports Bra
- Khloe Kardashian Refuses to Pay Lamar Odom Spousal Support
- Netflix Releases Trailer and Release Date for 'The Little Prince'
- 'Westworld' and SJP's 'Divorce' Set for Fall Premieres
- Reasons Behind Johnny Depp and Amber Heard's Divorce Are Revealed. Is She Using Him for Fame?
- Adele Hilariously Curses Onstage After Forgetting Her Own Lyrics at Concert