Henry Ian Cusick Not Returning to 'Scandal' Season 2, Joshua Malina Upped as Regular
Henry Ian Cusick isn't a part of "Scandal" anymore. The Scottish-Peruvian actor, who received an Emmy nomination for his portrayal of Desmond Hume on "Lost", will not return for the sophomore season of the ABC drama series as his contract is not picked up.
The Hollywood Reporter says Cusick's dismissal is amicable. On the political thriller series, he played ladies man Stephen Finch who is a member of Olivia Pope's (Kerry Washington) team of professional fixers.
In contrary, Joshua Malina who plays U.S. Attorney David Rosen is promoted to series regular in season 2. Though he appeared in all seven episodes of the first season, he was only considered as a recurring star.
Creator Shonda Rhimes recently teased about a possible romance between David and Olivia. "Olivia and David have amazing chemistry, and I love watching them together," she said. Malina is all up for the said storyline as he gushed, "Even my wife would be fine with that!"
Back in May, "Scandal" was renewed for a second season which consists of 13 episodes.
More Scandal News
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle