Henry Ian Cusick Not Returning to 'Scandal' Season 2, Joshua Malina Upped as Regular
Henry Ian Cusick isn't a part of "Scandal" anymore. The Scottish-Peruvian actor, who received an Emmy nomination for his portrayal of Desmond Hume on "Lost", will not return for the sophomore season of the ABC drama series as his contract is not picked up.
The Hollywood Reporter says Cusick's dismissal is amicable. On the political thriller series, he played ladies man Stephen Finch who is a member of Olivia Pope's (Kerry Washington) team of professional fixers.
In contrary, Joshua Malina who plays U.S. Attorney David Rosen is promoted to series regular in season 2. Though he appeared in all seven episodes of the first season, he was only considered as a recurring star.
Creator Shonda Rhimes recently teased about a possible romance between David and Olivia. "Olivia and David have amazing chemistry, and I love watching them together," she said. Malina is all up for the said storyline as he gushed, "Even my wife would be fine with that!"
Back in May, "Scandal" was renewed for a second season which consists of 13 episodes.
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner Bryan Fuller Departs the TV Series
- Kevin Hart Eyed to Play Santa Clause in Disney's 'Dashing Through the Snow'
- Kesha Previews 4 New Songs, Hopes to Release New Album 'Early Next Year'
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video