Henry Ian Cusick Not Returning to 'Scandal' Season 2, Joshua Malina Upped as Regular
Henry Ian Cusick isn't a part of "Scandal" anymore. The Scottish-Peruvian actor, who received an Emmy nomination for his portrayal of Desmond Hume on "Lost", will not return for the sophomore season of the ABC drama series as his contract is not picked up.
The Hollywood Reporter says Cusick's dismissal is amicable. On the political thriller series, he played ladies man Stephen Finch who is a member of Olivia Pope's (Kerry Washington) team of professional fixers.
In contrary, Joshua Malina who plays U.S. Attorney David Rosen is promoted to series regular in season 2. Though he appeared in all seven episodes of the first season, he was only considered as a recurring star.
Creator Shonda Rhimes recently teased about a possible romance between David and Olivia. "Olivia and David have amazing chemistry, and I love watching them together," she said. Malina is all up for the said storyline as he gushed, "Even my wife would be fine with that!"
Back in May, "Scandal" was renewed for a second season which consists of 13 episodes.
More Scandal News
- Shia LaBeouf Rips Drake, Lil Yachty and More in New Freestyle
- Jennifer Lawrence Reveals Why She Thinks She's a Curse to Hawaiians
- First Footage of 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveils Spidey's Classic Web Wings
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants to Reunite With Angelina Jolie Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Katie Holmes Finally Addresses Her 'Secret Relationship' With Jamie Foxx
- Watch Jessie J Writhe Around in 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You' Video
- Kate McKinnon and T.J. Miller Go Wild in New 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- New 'The Walking Dead' Photo Teases Graphic Scene for Carl in 'Sing Me a Song'