Jamie Foxx Could Be U.S. President in Roland Emmerich's 'White House Down'
Hot on the heels of the release of "Django Unchained" first trailer, the film's leading actor Jamie Foxx is now reportedly circling a new movie project. Variety has broken the news that Foxx has been eyed by director Roland Emmerich to tackle the lead role in action drama "White House Down".
The "Ray" actor is courted to star as the President of the United States. Though no formal offer has been made to the the Oscar-winning actor, it was reported that he is "intrigued" by the presidential role and his camp has "engaged" the filmmaker. Sony Pictures Entertainment hasn't made any comment on the casting report.
Described as " 'Die Hard' in the White House", the forthcoming film project revolves around a secret agent who is in charge to save the president when 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue is occupied by paramilitary group. Being tapped to portray the secret agent is Channing Tatum. James Vanderbilt, meanwhile, serves as the screenwriter.
"White House Down" is a rival project to Millennium Films' "White House Taken", which is scheduled to kick off filming before the Sony movie. The competitor pic is directed by Antoine Fuqua with Gerard Butler tackling the lead role.
As for Foxx, the Texas-born thesp was last seen starring in raunchy comedy "Horrible Bosses". Aside from "Django Unchained", his next movie is "Kane & Lynch", an actioner which also stars Bruce Willis.
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction