Jamie Foxx Could Be U.S. President in Roland Emmerich's 'White House Down'
Hot on the heels of the release of "Django Unchained" first trailer, the film's leading actor Jamie Foxx is now reportedly circling a new movie project. Variety has broken the news that Foxx has been eyed by director Roland Emmerich to tackle the lead role in action drama "White House Down".
The "Ray" actor is courted to star as the President of the United States. Though no formal offer has been made to the the Oscar-winning actor, it was reported that he is "intrigued" by the presidential role and his camp has "engaged" the filmmaker. Sony Pictures Entertainment hasn't made any comment on the casting report.
Described as " 'Die Hard' in the White House", the forthcoming film project revolves around a secret agent who is in charge to save the president when 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue is occupied by paramilitary group. Being tapped to portray the secret agent is Channing Tatum. James Vanderbilt, meanwhile, serves as the screenwriter.
"White House Down" is a rival project to Millennium Films' "White House Taken", which is scheduled to kick off filming before the Sony movie. The competitor pic is directed by Antoine Fuqua with Gerard Butler tackling the lead role.
As for Foxx, the Texas-born thesp was last seen starring in raunchy comedy "Horrible Bosses". Aside from "Django Unchained", his next movie is "Kane & Lynch", an actioner which also stars Bruce Willis.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3