First 'Django Unchained' Trailer Centers on Jamie Foxx and Christoph Waltz's Bromance
Quentin Tarantino's "Django Unchained" finally unleashes its very first trailer. Presenting a perfect blend between sharp humor and brutality, the sneak-peek video centers on the mutual bond between Jamie Foxx and Christoph Waltz as a newly freed slave who teams up with a bounty hunter to find his wife. A look at Leonardo DiCaprio as a quirky antagonist is also included in the promo video.
"Django Unchained", which is set in 1800s, follows Foxx's titular character, a freed slave who, under the tutelage of a German bounty hunter King Schultz (Waltz), becomes a bad-ass bounty hunter himself. After assisting Schultz in taking down some bad guys for profit, he tracks down his slave wife and liberates her from an evil plantation owner Calvin Candie (DiCaprio).
Tarantino co-wrote the script in addition to serving behind the lens. The spaghetti Western movie is also supported by Kerry Washington as Django's wife Broomhilda, Samuel L. Jackson as Stephen, Candie's trusted house slave, and Laura Cayouette as Lara Lee Candie-Fitzwilly.
"Django" will make its way out onto theaters across the United States on December 25, the same day when DiCaprio's other movie "The Great Gatsby" opens nationwide.
More Django Unchained News
- Two New Characters on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 Revealed. Get the Details!
- Khloe Kardashian Tries to 'Move On and Focus on Herself' During Her 'Sad' 32nd Birthday
- Ansel Elgort Is in Talks to Star in 'Dungeons and Dragons' Reboot
- Did Britney Spears Delay Single to Include Sample of Justin Timberlake's 'Cry Me a River'?
- George Clooney Reportedly 'Refused' to Protect Wife Amal From 'Bloodthirsty Terrorists'
- Kylie Jenner Asks Tyga to Move Back Into Her House
- Rihanna Is Unhappy Kanye West Put Her in Bed With Donald Trump and George W. Bush in 'Famous' Video
- Iggy Azalea Gets Thanked for 'Ruining Hip-Hop.' See Her Reaction