CMT Music Awards 2012: Carrie Underwood Wins Video of the Year, Leads Full Winner List
Carrie Underwood closed the 11th Annual CMT Awards on Wednesday night, June 6 by taking home the top honor. The "American Idol" alum receives Video of the Year from Alan Jackson for her "Good Girl" clip, giving her a total of two kudos and making her the leader of the pack.
"Wow," she said. "Thank you guys so much. Everybody that's been voting for anyone of us tonight, I know how great of company I am in as far as the other nominees. I just want to thank you guys for watching all the videos, for voting for all the videos, for supporting all of us."
"Thank you country radio and CMT, of course," she added. "I'd like to dedicate this award to my aunt. I'll just say I'll dedicate it to her. Thank you Mike [Fisher], I love you. Fan club members!" She was choked up with emotion when mentioning her family.
She won the prize in a stiff competition against Jason Aldean, Toby Keith, Blake Shelton and Taylor Swift. She initially got double nomination in this category, but her duet with Brad Paisley in "Remind Me" couldn't make it to the final list.
Though so, their joint track won Collaborative Video of the Year earlier in the evening. "I'd like to thank this beautiful woman for being in the video; otherwise, it's just a dork walking through the desert," he said when accepting the belt buckle with her.
- Video of the Year: "Good Girl" - Carrie Underwood
- Duo Video of the Year: "I Got You" - Thompson Square
- Group Video of the Year: "We Owned the Night" - Lady Antebellum
- Male Video of the Year: "I Don't Want This Night to End" - Luke Bryan
- Female Video of the Year: "Over You" - Miranda Lambert
- Collaborative Video of the Year: "Remind Me" - Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley
- CMT Performance of the Year: "Tattoos on This Town" - Jason Aldean from 2011 CMT Artists of the Year
- USA Weekend Breakthrough Video of the Year: "The Trouble With Girls" - Scotty McCreery
- Nationwide Is On Your Side Award: Brantley Gilbert
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video