Audio: Lil Wayne's 'My Homies Still' Feat. Big Sean
Lil Wayne has given a taste of his upcoming album by debuting its first single "My Homies Still", featuring Big Sean. The bouncy track uses the "Go Stupid" hook from the G.O.O.D. Music rapper's hit "Dance (A$$)" and is produced by STREETRUNNER and Saron from Spliffington Management.
Hours before he dropped the song, the Young Money rapper unleashed an artwork for the track. The image simply features the song's title written in red letters with a plain black background. The single itself is expected to be listed in Weezy's upcoming album which is tentatively titled "I Am Not a Human Being Pt. 2".
Interestingly, Weezy has been involved in a feud with Sean's fellow G.O.O.D. Music member Pusha T. Pusha T started the beef by releasing "Exodus 23:1" in which he rapped about Weezy's artist Drake. Responding to it, Weezy later released "Goulish" which took a jab at the one half of the hip hop duo Clipse.
Speaking of a potential conflict that may arise with the inclusion of Sean in Weezy's single, Young Money president Mack Maine tells MTV News, "That was a great song that was made before that situation happened." He adds, "I'm not 'bout to go into the studio and tell Wayne to take [Big Sean] off. Wayne not tryna take him off - he's good peeps, he's fam."
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her