Emma Watson Cries in 'Perks of Being a Wallflower' Trailer Preview
"The Perks of Being a Wallflower" debuts its first ever trailer preview. Introduced by Nina Dobrev, the snippet gives a quick glimpse at Emma Watson as she cries and asks, "Why do I and everyone I love pick people who treat us like we're nothing?" to which Logan Lerman replies, "We accept the love we think we deserve." They are seen hugging at the end of the sneak peek.
The full version of the trailer will be premiered at the 2012 MTV Movie Awards on Sunday, June 3. In addition to unveiling the preview via MTV, "Perks of Being a Wallflower" uncovers its very first poster as well as several brand new stills. Exposing a minimalist design, the one-sheet shows Watson, Lerman and Ezra Miller standing together against a light green-painted brick wall.
"Perks of Being a Wallflower" is based on a 1999 novel by Stephen Chbosky, who also directs the movie. The story follows an introverted high school freshman named Charlie who slowly comes out of his shell thanks to his new friends, Sam and Patrick. He is introduced to the awkward times of adolescence, including drug use and sexuality.
Watson stars as Sam, while Lerman and Miller play Charlie and Patrick respectively. They are joined by Dobrev, Paul Rudd, Mae Whitman and Johnny Simmons. The movie will make its way out onto the U.S. theaters on September 14.
"The Perks of Being a Wallflower" Trailer Preview:
"The Perks of Being a Wallflower" New Stills:
- Topless Ariel Winter Shows Off Breast Reduction Scars in New Unretouched Pics
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?