Emma Watson Cries in 'Perks of Being a Wallflower' Trailer Preview
"The Perks of Being a Wallflower" debuts its first ever trailer preview. Introduced by Nina Dobrev, the snippet gives a quick glimpse at Emma Watson as she cries and asks, "Why do I and everyone I love pick people who treat us like we're nothing?" to which Logan Lerman replies, "We accept the love we think we deserve." They are seen hugging at the end of the sneak peek.
The full version of the trailer will be premiered at the 2012 MTV Movie Awards on Sunday, June 3. In addition to unveiling the preview via MTV, "Perks of Being a Wallflower" uncovers its very first poster as well as several brand new stills. Exposing a minimalist design, the one-sheet shows Watson, Lerman and Ezra Miller standing together against a light green-painted brick wall.
"Perks of Being a Wallflower" is based on a 1999 novel by Stephen Chbosky, who also directs the movie. The story follows an introverted high school freshman named Charlie who slowly comes out of his shell thanks to his new friends, Sam and Patrick. He is introduced to the awkward times of adolescence, including drug use and sexuality.
Watson stars as Sam, while Lerman and Miller play Charlie and Patrick respectively. They are joined by Dobrev, Paul Rudd, Mae Whitman and Johnny Simmons. The movie will make its way out onto the U.S. theaters on September 14.
"The Perks of Being a Wallflower" Trailer Preview:
"The Perks of Being a Wallflower" New Stills:
- Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim Separate After 11 Years of Marriage
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...