Charlize Theron Pitches New 'Hatfields and McCoys' TV Series to ABC
Hot on the heels of the success of History Channel's "Hatfields & McCoys" miniseries, Charlize Theron is developing another TV project that highlights the legendary story. The Hollywood Reporter has learned that the South Africa-born beauty is shopping a series that is described as a modern take on the family feud.
Teaming up with producers Dawn Olmstead ("Prison Break") and Beau Flynn ("Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D"), the Academy Award-winning actress is in talks with ABC about the project. They reportedly have a meeting scheduled for next week. John Glenn ("Eagle Eye") is tapped to provide the script.
History Channel enjoyed a rating bump with miniseries "Hatfields & McCoys" which premiered Monday, May 28. The final installment of the three-part show drew 14.3 million viewers on Wednesday night, making it the top non-sports telecast in ad-supported cable television history.
Additionally, the three-night telecasts averaged 13.8 total viewers with a 4.9 rating in 18-49 demo, making the Kevin Costner-starring show the highest rated miniseries or movie on cable since 1998.
More Charlize Theron News
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'