Charlize Theron Pitches New 'Hatfields and McCoys' TV Series to ABC
Hot on the heels of the success of History Channel's "Hatfields & McCoys" miniseries, Charlize Theron is developing another TV project that highlights the legendary story. The Hollywood Reporter has learned that the South Africa-born beauty is shopping a series that is described as a modern take on the family feud.
Teaming up with producers Dawn Olmstead ("Prison Break") and Beau Flynn ("Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D"), the Academy Award-winning actress is in talks with ABC about the project. They reportedly have a meeting scheduled for next week. John Glenn ("Eagle Eye") is tapped to provide the script.
History Channel enjoyed a rating bump with miniseries "Hatfields & McCoys" which premiered Monday, May 28. The final installment of the three-part show drew 14.3 million viewers on Wednesday night, making it the top non-sports telecast in ad-supported cable television history.
Additionally, the three-night telecasts averaged 13.8 total viewers with a 4.9 rating in 18-49 demo, making the Kevin Costner-starring show the highest rated miniseries or movie on cable since 1998.
More Charlize Theron News
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5