Charlize Theron Pitches New 'Hatfields and McCoys' TV Series to ABC
Hot on the heels of the success of History Channel's "Hatfields & McCoys" miniseries, Charlize Theron is developing another TV project that highlights the legendary story. The Hollywood Reporter has learned that the South Africa-born beauty is shopping a series that is described as a modern take on the family feud.
Teaming up with producers Dawn Olmstead ("Prison Break") and Beau Flynn ("Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D"), the Academy Award-winning actress is in talks with ABC about the project. They reportedly have a meeting scheduled for next week. John Glenn ("Eagle Eye") is tapped to provide the script.
History Channel enjoyed a rating bump with miniseries "Hatfields & McCoys" which premiered Monday, May 28. The final installment of the three-part show drew 14.3 million viewers on Wednesday night, making it the top non-sports telecast in ad-supported cable television history.
Additionally, the three-night telecasts averaged 13.8 total viewers with a 4.9 rating in 18-49 demo, making the Kevin Costner-starring show the highest rated miniseries or movie on cable since 1998.
More Charlize Theron News
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Debuts First Footage, 'Wonder Woman' Gets First Trailer
- Watch Melissa McCarthy, Jodie Foster, Adam Sandler Ruin Their Han Solo Auditions on 'CONAN'
- People Are Upset Taylor Swift Uses Special Instagram Tool to Block Those Snake Emojis
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series