Charlize Theron Pitches New 'Hatfields and McCoys' TV Series to ABC
Hot on the heels of the success of History Channel's "Hatfields & McCoys" miniseries, Charlize Theron is developing another TV project that highlights the legendary story. The Hollywood Reporter has learned that the South Africa-born beauty is shopping a series that is described as a modern take on the family feud.
Teaming up with producers Dawn Olmstead ("Prison Break") and Beau Flynn ("Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D"), the Academy Award-winning actress is in talks with ABC about the project. They reportedly have a meeting scheduled for next week. John Glenn ("Eagle Eye") is tapped to provide the script.
History Channel enjoyed a rating bump with miniseries "Hatfields & McCoys" which premiered Monday, May 28. The final installment of the three-part show drew 14.3 million viewers on Wednesday night, making it the top non-sports telecast in ad-supported cable television history.
Additionally, the three-night telecasts averaged 13.8 total viewers with a 4.9 rating in 18-49 demo, making the Kevin Costner-starring show the highest rated miniseries or movie on cable since 1998.
More Charlize Theron News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'