Charlize Theron Pitches New 'Hatfields and McCoys' TV Series to ABC
Hot on the heels of the success of History Channel's "Hatfields & McCoys" miniseries, Charlize Theron is developing another TV project that highlights the legendary story. The Hollywood Reporter has learned that the South Africa-born beauty is shopping a series that is described as a modern take on the family feud.
Teaming up with producers Dawn Olmstead ("Prison Break") and Beau Flynn ("Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D"), the Academy Award-winning actress is in talks with ABC about the project. They reportedly have a meeting scheduled for next week. John Glenn ("Eagle Eye") is tapped to provide the script.
History Channel enjoyed a rating bump with miniseries "Hatfields & McCoys" which premiered Monday, May 28. The final installment of the three-part show drew 14.3 million viewers on Wednesday night, making it the top non-sports telecast in ad-supported cable television history.
Additionally, the three-night telecasts averaged 13.8 total viewers with a 4.9 rating in 18-49 demo, making the Kevin Costner-starring show the highest rated miniseries or movie on cable since 1998.
More Charlize Theron News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars