Ellen DeGeneres Remembers Jim Paratore on Twitter
Ellen DeGeneres is mourning the loss of her good friend and producer Jim Paratore. The TV host sent her condolence and expressed her grief on Twitter, "My friend, producer and champion Jim Paratore died today. He gave me a chance when no one else would. I love you, Jim."
Paratore was one of the masterminds behind "The Ellen DeGeneres Show". When no one took a chance on DeGeneres after she came out, the founder of TMZ did the otherwise. He convinced very nervous and reluctant managers to give her a platform to show off her great talent.
In addition to his credit on "Ellen", Paratore helped create such shows as "The Rosie O'Donnell Show", "The People's Court", "The Bachelor", "Extra" and "Judge Mathis".
He died of an apparent heart attack on Tuesday, May 29 during a bike trip in France. He is 58 and is survived by his wife, Jill Wickert, and his daughter, Martinique Paratore.
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance