Ellen DeGeneres Remembers Jim Paratore on Twitter
Ellen DeGeneres is mourning the loss of her good friend and producer Jim Paratore. The TV host sent her condolence and expressed her grief on Twitter, "My friend, producer and champion Jim Paratore died today. He gave me a chance when no one else would. I love you, Jim."
Paratore was one of the masterminds behind "The Ellen DeGeneres Show". When no one took a chance on DeGeneres after she came out, the founder of TMZ did the otherwise. He convinced very nervous and reluctant managers to give her a platform to show off her great talent.
In addition to his credit on "Ellen", Paratore helped create such shows as "The Rosie O'Donnell Show", "The People's Court", "The Bachelor", "Extra" and "Judge Mathis".
He died of an apparent heart attack on Tuesday, May 29 during a bike trip in France. He is 58 and is survived by his wife, Jill Wickert, and his daughter, Martinique Paratore.
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'