Ellen DeGeneres Remembers Jim Paratore on Twitter
Ellen DeGeneres is mourning the loss of her good friend and producer Jim Paratore. The TV host sent her condolence and expressed her grief on Twitter, "My friend, producer and champion Jim Paratore died today. He gave me a chance when no one else would. I love you, Jim."
Paratore was one of the masterminds behind "The Ellen DeGeneres Show". When no one took a chance on DeGeneres after she came out, the founder of TMZ did the otherwise. He convinced very nervous and reluctant managers to give her a platform to show off her great talent.
In addition to his credit on "Ellen", Paratore helped create such shows as "The Rosie O'Donnell Show", "The People's Court", "The Bachelor", "Extra" and "Judge Mathis".
He died of an apparent heart attack on Tuesday, May 29 during a bike trip in France. He is 58 and is survived by his wife, Jill Wickert, and his daughter, Martinique Paratore.
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2
- Blac Chyna Poses Nearly Naked for Elle and Calls Her Ex Tyga 'Kinda Cheap'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Recap: Mary Drake's Child Revealed, Someone Dead
- Mel C Reveals Why She Turned Down Spice Girls Reunion
- Drake and Rihanna Are 'Fully Dating' as They're Done 'Hiding' Their Relationship
- Miranda Kerr Reveals Ex Orlando Bloom Warned Her About His Penis Photos
- 'Star Wars' Actor Ian McDiarmid Confirms He Won't Return as Emperor Palpatine in 'Rogue One'
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years