Ellen DeGeneres Remembers Jim Paratore on Twitter
Ellen DeGeneres is mourning the loss of her good friend and producer Jim Paratore. The TV host sent her condolence and expressed her grief on Twitter, "My friend, producer and champion Jim Paratore died today. He gave me a chance when no one else would. I love you, Jim."
Paratore was one of the masterminds behind "The Ellen DeGeneres Show". When no one took a chance on DeGeneres after she came out, the founder of TMZ did the otherwise. He convinced very nervous and reluctant managers to give her a platform to show off her great talent.
In addition to his credit on "Ellen", Paratore helped create such shows as "The Rosie O'Donnell Show", "The People's Court", "The Bachelor", "Extra" and "Judge Mathis".
He died of an apparent heart attack on Tuesday, May 29 during a bike trip in France. He is 58 and is survived by his wife, Jill Wickert, and his daughter, Martinique Paratore.
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent