Ellen DeGeneres Remembers Jim Paratore on Twitter
Ellen DeGeneres is mourning the loss of her good friend and producer Jim Paratore. The TV host sent her condolence and expressed her grief on Twitter, "My friend, producer and champion Jim Paratore died today. He gave me a chance when no one else would. I love you, Jim."
Paratore was one of the masterminds behind "The Ellen DeGeneres Show". When no one took a chance on DeGeneres after she came out, the founder of TMZ did the otherwise. He convinced very nervous and reluctant managers to give her a platform to show off her great talent.
In addition to his credit on "Ellen", Paratore helped create such shows as "The Rosie O'Donnell Show", "The People's Court", "The Bachelor", "Extra" and "Judge Mathis".
He died of an apparent heart attack on Tuesday, May 29 during a bike trip in France. He is 58 and is survived by his wife, Jill Wickert, and his daughter, Martinique Paratore.
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?