Stephen Amell's Green Arrow Is So Different From the 'Smallville' Incarnation
Though "Arrow" will air on the same network where "Smallville" ran, the titular character on the upcoming show will be very much different from the one portrayed by Justin Hartley on the canceled Superman series. "Other than in name, there are virtually no similarities between [Hartley's version and the new version]," so said Stephen Amell who tackles the lead role on "Arrow".
Still, the Canadian actor who recently guest starred as Kyle on "New Girl" stressed that he's not saying one of them is better than the other. "It's just that they're so different, it's almost weird to compare them," he said before detailing, "I think we find Oliver Queen more injured than we saw him before."
The 31-year-old hunk went on hinting that Superman aka Clark Kent, who's the major character on "Smallville", won't make appearance on his show. "Nobody in our universe has super powers, so that's a big jumping off point," he claimed.
Executive producer David Nutter who directed "Arrow" pilot had said that the new show is aimed to be darker and harder-edged than "Smallville", where Green Arrow previously appeared. He gushed, "We're creating a real, believable world in which Oliver Queen can do incredible things."
Joining the cast ensemble are Katie Cassidy, Colin Donnell, David Ramsey and many others. The action, drama series will air every Wednesday at 8 P.M. ET starting this fall.
More Arrow News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance