Cynthia Nixon Weds Longtime Girlfriend on Memorial Day Weekend
It's official, Cynthia Nixon and her partner of nearly eight years Christine Marinoni are married. The couple, who met at an education rally in 2002, tied the knot three years after getting engaged at the Love, Peace and Marriage Equality rally in New York City.
"On May 27, 2012, Cynthia Nixon and her girlfriend, Christine Marinoni, were legally married in the state of New York," the actress' representative confirmed the wedding to PEOPLE. "Nixon wore a custom dress by Carolina Herrera."
The "Sex and the City" star and her education activist fiancee waited to say their "I do's" until same-sex marriage was legal in New York state. It hadn't been legalized when the couple were engaged, but became legal last summer.
"I'm enjoying being engaged very much," the mother of three stated back in 2010. "I don't mind a long engagement, which this one is surely turning out to be." She also once said of her partner, "She did not get a ring. She will have a wedding ring, but she does not want an engagement ring."
46-year-old Nixon and 45-year-old Marinoni have a son together named Max Ellington Nixon-Marinoni whom the latter gave birth to in February 2011. The actress has two children, daughter Samantha and son Charles Ezekiel, from a previous relationship with Danny Mozes.
In January this year, Nixon angered LGBT community with her controversial "gay by choice" remarks. She quickly clarified her statement by saying, "While I don't often use the word, the technically precise term for my orientation is bisexual. I believe bisexuality is not a choice, it is a fact. What I have 'chosen' is to be in a gay relationship."
Talking about her sexual orientation, meanwhile, she once said, "In terms of sexual orientation, I don't feel I've changed. I'd been with men all my life and I'd never fallen in love with a woman. But when I did, it didn't seem strange. I'm just a woman in love with another woman."
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Outlander' Leads the Full TV Winner List
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Moving In With Kate Hudson Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Finding Dory' Leads Movie Winners
- Janelle Monae and Maxwell Are Set to Perform at Women's March
- Nicole Kidman Reportedly Expecting a Baby at 49
- Julia Roberts Joins 'Smurfs: The Lost Village'. Get the First Look!
- Ryan Lochte Unveils Baby's Sex, Dishes on Wedding Plans With Fiancee Kayla Rae Reid
- Road to Reconciliation? Kris and Caitlyn Jenner Are Reportedly in Joint Therapy