Video: Ace Young Asks for Diana DeGarmo's Hand in Marriage on 'American Idol' Finale
Ace Young made the season 11 finale of "American Idol" extra special. The 31-year-old singer, who finished seventh on season 5, surprised girlfriend and season 3 runner-up Diana DeGarmo on Wednesday, May 23 when he asked her to marry him in front of live audience.
After the two were brought to the stage by host Ryan Seacrest, Young said, "This has always been home to us and I felt this was the perfect place to ask a simple question." He then turned to DeGarmo and said, "Diana, we have conquered Broadway together; we have created all your new music together."
"We have an amazing group of people around us, and, with the help of David Webb Jewelry, I have a way to make this fun last forever," Young continued as he got down on one knee. "I love you to death. You're my best friend. I want to make this last forever and I will do anything in my power to have the most ... amazing life together if you will have me. Diana Nicole DeGarmo, will you marry me?"
Responding to the proposal, tearful DeGarmo nodded and said yes. After the two shared a long kiss on stage, Young slipped the engagement ring on DeGarmo's finger. Asked how she's doing, DeGarmo admitted, "I'm so speechless right now! Wow, babe! You picked a good one! And my makeup's runnin' right now." To which, Seacrest quipped, "Mine too after that."
On Wednesday night, "Idol" crowned its newest champion. 21-year-old Phillip Phillips came triumphant over 16-year-old Jessica Sanchez after earning a standing ovation from the judges with his performance of winner's song "Home" on the final performance show on Tuesday.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'