Kristen Stewart Complains About Complicated Love in 'On the Road' Clip
Before it is premiered at the 65th annual Cannes Film Festival, "On the Road" unveils its first clip. Focusing on a scene where Kristen Stewart and Sam Riley have a road trip together, the snippet shows Stewart complaining about her complicated relationship with Garrett Hedlund. She says that she wants to have a "normal" life and start a family instead of living in a crazy relationship with her ex-con partner.
In "On the Road", Stewart plays Marylou, a 16-year-old wife of Hedlund's Dean Moriarty. She is a free-spirited young lady who has an affinity for marijuana and sex. The couple meets Riley's Sal Paradise who decides to have a road trip soon after the death of his father. Determined to avoid the pitfalls of a narrow, prescribed life, Paradise joins Moriarty on what evolves into a life-changing physical and emotional odyssey. Thirsting for freedom, they discover the world, the ecstasy of experience, the connectedness of humanity and ultimately themselves.
The movie is based on a novel by famous Beat generation poet Jack Kerouac. Serving as the director is Walter Salles with Jose Rivera providing the script. Also rounding up the cast ensemble are Kirsten Dunst, Tom Sturridge, Viggo Mortensen, Amy Adams and Steve Buscemi.
The drama still hasn't got a U.S. release date.
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney Are 'Talking' About Giving Their Relationship Another Chance
- Michael Fassbender Wants You to Explore the World of 'Assassin's Creed' in New Featurette
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke': Who Dies This Time and What Will Happen Next?
- Man Wielding Sledgehammer Smashes Donald Trump's Walk of Fame Star to Pieces
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch