House M.D. Makes Big Sacrifice in Series Finale
After eight seasons, "House M.D." took the final bow on Monday, May 21 with a dramatic finale. Facing the potential of spending his time in jail while his best pal Wilson is dying, the titular character [SPOILER ALERT!] contemplated a suicide in a burning building in the episode titled "Everybody Dies".
While the building was set ablaze, House had visions of the deceased characters, Kutner (Kal Penn) and Amber (Anne Dudek), his ex-girlfriend Stacy (Sela Ward) as well as Cameron (Jennifer Morrison). After some conversations with the people in his imagination, the doctor decided not to commit suicide.
As Wilson and Foreman, who had been looking for House since early in the episode, found the burning building, it exploded in flames. Viewers were then led to believe that House died in the building. His former and present colleagues, from Masters (Amber Tamblyn) to Thirteen (Olivia Wilde), attended a funeral for him.
Wilson delivered his eulogy, but he was interrupted by a text message that read, "SHUT UP YOU IDIOT." Wilson then learned House was still alive and that he faked his own death by switching dental records with a dead man. Wilson told him that he could face tremendous jail time and could lose his practice license for good, but the eccentric doctor simply responded, "I'm dead, Wilson. How do you want to spend your last five months?"
The scene then switched to capture other characters. Chase took over the diagnostic department, Taub played a father to his kids, and Cameron had her own baby. Back to the best buddies, they were seen riding on motorcycles into the sunset in the final scene set to 1949's song "Enjoy Yourself (It's Later Than You Think)".
Fans' reactions to the finale vary, with one tweep named Claire commenting, "As much as I hated last year's finale, I loved the #House series finale. Great way to end a series." Evan Rougemont wrote, "I don't think it could have ended any better. A perfect note," but another Twitter user named Madhu 'MadMan' Menon said, "Somewhat lame series finale of House. But it's about time the show ended."
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival
- Blac Chyna Reportedly Dating Kourtney Kardashian's Former Beau Quincy Combs