Gloria Allred: Both of John Travolta's Accusers Called and Asked Me to Represent Them
The hiring of Gloria Allred by the two men, who accused John Travolta of sexual battery, has led to a battle between the high-profile lawyer and the John Does' original attorney. After Okorie Okorocha claimed that she pursued his clients while he's still working on their cases, Allred came out with a denying statement.
"Mr. Okorocha's representations are false, outrageous and defamatory," Allred stated on Thursday, May 17. In defense of herself, the 70-year-old lawyer pointed out, "Both clients first called me and asked me to represent them. I have been practicing law for the past 37 years and I have not and do not solicit clients."
"Clients come to me. John Doe 1 and John Doe 2 called me without my having any contact with them whatsoever prior to their phone calls," she continued on, before saying, "I demand an immediate retraction by Mr. Okorocha of his false statements. I value my reputation and will defend it vigorously both publicly and in court."
Okorocha, who initially filed the lawsuits against Travolta, told CNN on Wednesday, May 16 afternoon that his client texted him the day before to say that he was called by Allred. "I get the case to national prominence and then someone who only does press conferences and sideshows," he complained, "and doesn't actually go to court or do trials, just steps in and says, 'I'll take the clients.' "
During the chat, Okorocha also made a prediction that Allred would settle the cases with Travolta with a deal that would include an agreement not to disclose its existence. Still, he promised, "I will find out what's in that settlement and I will get my equitable share of that settlement, because I did the majority of the work to get to where we are."
More John Travolta News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding